Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview ?
I am toying with the thought of going up to PV either Thursday or Saturday pending weather forecast. But I live in SLC and its quite the journey for me in winter to go all the way around I-80 and 84 and not be able to cut through morgan past east canyon.

two topics about it.

LOCATION?
Is Cemetary Point still free parking in winter or what is the fee. should I try another location? I have only ice fished it once out of C.P. with smokeonthewater as he was nice enough to show me around a little.
DEPTH?
second question, what is the target depth to start getting into the perch and crappies (less likely i know).

I understand if you dont want to expose secrets, PM me if you want to. I would appreciate it. I am a bit tired of catching trout. want to seek other species.

thanks all in advance.
[signature]
Cemetery has free parking, bathrooms were closed.last time I went. I find perch all over the bottom in all kinds of depths. I often find bigger perch deeper, but just as often don't. I have caught perch from like 8' down to 50' or more same day. Last week 30' was great for 7" fish.

Used to be everybody hung out in a crowd on the N side, this year all I hear is right S of the parking. Hiking out W and N of the point finds me deepest water quickly.

If you make the drive, take several kinds of bait with you. Some days they really seem to ONLY want waxies, or only perch meat, or whatever. Move if you don't get nibbles almost right away.
[signature]
fished pv yesterday with my wife and 2yr old and I will tell you that i have not had that much fun in a very very very long time. We arrived at about 3pm and left at 4:45pm. We caught over 75 perch and took home a limit of 50 perch. Most fish were smaller but the average size seemed to be 6-8", i did manage one bigger perch but the action was non stop, my son who is 2 also caught his first fish without any assistance other than me dropping his lure to the bottom he did the rest.

Thanks to catman for finding a big school of perch.

Also yesterday there must have been 50 plus vehicles in the cemetary point parking lot, i have not seen that many people in many years! it was a zoo

We fished in 35 fow and used perch meat
[signature]
thanks for the Intel guys. If I go up I will be off cemetary point and towards the actual point from the parking, I remember a couple areas from my last trip they say always hold some perch and crappies around some old foundations or something...

I will post up what happens after it happens...
tight lines

Bad Fish
[signature]
[#502800]??? ....... By far, the easy and fast way for you to get there is I-15 Then go up the canyon towards Morgan. Take the Mountain Green exit, then take the trappers loop road. [/#502800]
[signature]