Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite?
When it comes to ice-fishing... what's your favorite brand of rod and what strength (medium, medium-light, light, ultralight)?
[signature]
wet noodle stenth rod....if I put a 1/8th ounce weight sinker on the end of my line it should bend right on down,..(panfish) (pike)

light , if I put a 1/8th ounce sinker on the end of my rod the rod bends 1/4. (crappie)

medium, if I place a 1/8th ounce on the end of my rod it stands it dose not bend (walleye)

stiff, If I place a 1/8 ounce sinker on the end of my rod it starts to float ..lol.. (lake trout)

I often like to use a jig stick for lake trout when fishing debts of 30 feet or more.
[signature]
[cool] A stiff medium for walleyes and pike , medium for the heavier panfish, and medium light for the regular panfish !

[signature]
I've been makin my own for about 10 yrs now because I didnt like any of the commercial brands.Its also cheaper! My favorite ones are slightly stiff with a fine wire strike indicator so it can be used for finesse/smaller/bait- fishing or also for jiggin kastys and such and still have some backbone to jack some jaws.
[signature]
not sure of the brand its rather light rated 1-4# line getting ready to wrap up one a little stiffer
[signature]
Most of mine are made up from rod tips and old reel seats-hey, I just graduated from the cut willow stick jammed into an ice lump[crazy]!
[signature]
that is what I do to make my walleye rods.

I have tryed and tested all sorts of materials, from dowl rods to coat hangers to car entenas to just having a spool of string in my pocket.

might I say they all work, just some a little better than others. I think the wet noodle was the only one that failed on me. [angelic]
[signature]