Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unusual catch's
thought i'd start a story thread about some unusual catch's i've made while fishing i would have to say one of the must unusual fish i have caught would have been fishing at catlina islandoff the coast of CA. i caught a rat fish a type of prehistoric shark with front teeth like a rat and glow in the dark blue eyes ! i was also rock cod fishing in the san monica bay once and brought up a slime eel which we droped in a 5 gallon bucket and within 3 min.it was over flowing slime onto the deck which the captain told me if you touched would burn you not one to want to try i used a gaff to pick up and lift the bucket over the side of the boat to let the eel go

fresh water fishing i have caught no unusual fish though i did reel in a cell phone ounce i always liked to think some fellow fisherman got tried of hearing when you coming home aqnd tossed it and i did catch a spinning rod and reel this year that when rinsed work just fine

so let here from you fellow fisherman any stories about any unusal catch's you want to share ?
[signature]
[cool][size 1] I've had a few in my life but one of my favorites was when I was fishing in the Provo river in Utah and caught a 4lb cutthroat trout on a chartruese green crappie jig. [/size]
[signature]
thats a nice cutt didn't know the provo had cutt's in it of course i only fished it once myself
[signature]
there are very few cutts in the provo...i think you have to release all of them, but they are rare. They could easily go up the river because there are some in Jordanelle too that they planted in there before it opened to the public.
[signature]
[cool]That was about 25yrs ago. There use to be quite a few good cuts and browns back then. And occasional bows. We would get more bows up above there at Deer Creek along with some good perch.
[signature]
speaking of the provo river isn't there supposed to be walleye in there ? have you ever caught one, or heard of someone who has ?
[signature]
Someone mentioned on the Utah board awhile back that they had caught walleye just below Deer Creek dam many years ago, but other than that I've just heard about them being caught west of I-15 when they're spawning.
[signature]
i was thinking higher up i believe i read a sign saying what species were present in the river but that was up below jordanelle
[signature]
Wouldn't surprise me since they are in Deer Creek. Nothing to stop them from going up. If the Browns can come down the river into the reservoir, why not the Walleye up into the river?

I imagine most the walleye prefer to stay in the reservoirs though.
[signature]