Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A time long gone! The Giant Tarpon
[center][font "Times New Roman"][#800000][size 4][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1560;][/size][/#800000][/font][/center][left][font "Times New Roman"][#800000][size 4]The giant Tarpon of the 50's, 60's and early 70's have created memorys and storys that have all but been lost[/size][/#800000][/font]. [/left] [left][font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 3]I came across this picture of a daily catch of 47+ years ago. thought you all would like to see why catch and release is so important when it comes to fishing for sport. A picture like this today is imposable as the fish are not there because of uncontroled sport fishing. With the current controls they may some day return to this size but it will be at least my grandchildrens adult life to possably see it. Not in my life time will it happen![/size][/blue][/font][/left]
[signature]
That must be what happened to most of them.I was told that back in the day, you could catch all of these you would ever want in the bay and ship channel at South padre island. They don'e come in there anymore for some reason.
[signature]