Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Poll for the week of Nov 9

This will require you to do a little inventory of your tackle box.

[size 3]What are the 10 most usless lures that you have in your tackle collection???[/size]

[size 3]Please answer this as complete as possible and list them from 1-10. If you don't have 10 then just list the ones you have. If you have more than 10, then feel free to list what you can.[/size]
[signature]
don't think i have any useless lures i buy lures that catch fish not lures that catch fishermen
[signature]
HAHAHAHa Don't think I have 10 lures in the box!
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hi TubeN2,[/size]

[size 1]I don't have any useless lures, just bad presentaion skills.[/size]

[size 1]Bye now - got to get back to my dog house.[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1563;]
[signature]
[size 2] I have several but all catch fish under right conditions[Wink] I only buy proven lures/jigs,etc. Usually that I see on fishing shows or friends have used in past and had good luck with[unsure][/size]
[signature]
I have those banjo minnows in my tackle box and the only use I have found with them, is they entertain small children, of course with out the hooks. I had a what i called a junk tackle box, but then I went to a walleye seminar and realized it was gold mine, rather that a junk box!!!!
[signature]
I had a lure (many actually) in my box that had never caught a fish in ten years! So, I take my buddy to my 'secret' spot , then give him free run on my tackle box. Of course he picks out the lure that has never caught a fish before. Not long after rigging up and casting, my lucky friend hooks a trophy anyone would be proud of! Not untill after photoing and releasing the fish did I tell him the lure had never been succsessful before.
Once I tied some flies in a common pattern, but in a red color. I perfer natural tones, so the flies sat unused for several years untill my girlfriend decides to try out the 'little red fly'. She outfished me for several days in a row, without chaging her pattern....I grudging stuck with my olive drab selection!
I guess it shows you just never know!
[signature]
I briefly looked over your website, when i have some time, i definitely want to check out your musky stuff. SOme great picts you have going on there. Welcome to the BFT boards, look forward to your posts!!!!
[signature]
Hey there BigSplash, Thanks for your sharing here and welcome to BigFishTackle message boards. Sometimes we have old lures that we don't touch and might consider them junk or useless.
But one mans junk could be another mans(or womans) treasure.

I'm looking forward to reading some more of your post and sharing info with you. Have a good one.
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome here at bigfish, and for checking out the site, guys. I'm doing a lot of changes, and it is the lure building 'season' here already (winter!), so watch for new lures on the site. I've enjoyed looking over the posts here and decided to get in on the action.
[signature]
I also have a set of the infamous Banjo Minnows, however I've actually put them to good use on some smallmouth and largemouth bass. I don't think any of my lures are considered "useless", however some are used quite infrequently. I have a bunch of small mepps, panther martin, and blue fox spinners that I only use when I go backpacking, which is at most once a year. They are extremely effective however in the Uintah Mountains in Utah, or the Windrivers in Wyoming.
[signature]
I'll throw my Lee's Ferry box in but only if I'm not at the Ferry. I never use any of that wierd crap any else.

I've got one fly in particular that is so unreal people just laugh when they see it, unless I'm at the Ferry of course.
[signature]
That's one of the things that amaze me sometimes. You can have a lure that is like dynamite at one fishing hole and the same one can be dead weight in your box at another hole.
[signature]
1. 6 in flat fish (pike)

2. 5 in. spoons (pike)

3. 5 in. mega divers (pike)

4. 10-12 in worms

5. any kind of power bait

That's all I can come across

Leaky
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]This one is pretty useless[Smile]![/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool] You have to admit, it would be difficult to catch anything with that lure rigged up like that.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey BigSplash,[/size]

[size 1]Have you ever seen a good looking chick with an ugly guy.[/size][size 1]Same thing - how do they do that?[/size]
[signature]
The blue fox lures I have haven't hook a fish yet in three years.They may make good wall paper next season.
[signature]