Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New agreement on Ohio River fishing
A new Ohio River agreement expands fishing opportunities for both Ohio and Kentucky anglers. Anglers from either state can noew fish both shores with a single fshing license from their state of resdence. Before now only in boats was either license good for the catch. Unified regulations are in effect for bass, salleye, sauger crappie, muskellunge and striped hybrid and white bass. For other fish the fisherman must follow the regulatons of their own state. This might make fishing a bit more interesting on the big river.
[signature]
sounds like a good, deel, at least for those with only the single license.

so what are the seasons on the ajoining rivers.
[signature]
I'm not sure of the special seasons in any state bordering on the Oho River except Ohio. The rivers and streams that join the Ohio River from the state of Ohio are the same as the license has for the remainder of the state. For the more commom fish, bass catfish etc. the season is year round. I,ll try to find an answer to davetclown's question when I find my book of rules and regulations from the State of wildlife. I forget where it ended up during the summer.
[signature]
[center]what?[/center] [center]you misplaced your fishing bible?[/center] [center]Windy I'm shocked!!!![/center] [center]lol[/center] [center][sly][/center] [left]I ususaly get me a new one every time I go to the bait store I have to have one in every room under every viser in the car and in the glove box. this year I picked up a hundred extra copies, cause next year our fish picks are going to be black and white. [/left]
[signature]
Michigan must not be as stingy as Ohio. I have been trying to get one for several weeks. Vernon lost his also. That is what happens when you have too much junk for your house. I am still trying. I stopped at two places that sell licenses today and neither had a single copy.
[signature]
you may have to try wall mart the next time you go in there... they are the sponsor of kids hooked on fishing. they should have one. you can even call your state office and they will mail you one. (I get lazy some time .lol.)

I picked them up at all the bait and tackle shops and any place that sells licenses.
[signature]
Well, Walmart didn't work. There is so much hunting anf trapping at this time of year that is all they have. They probably won't have fishing rules until Feb. when new lcenses are issued. I habe attempted to contact the local wildlife warden and he is so busy with illegal hunters that he has not gotten back to me yet. I will keep ontrying. I know that rules are the same everywhere in this state except at some private clubs and of course there are many specal rules for Lake Erie.
[signature]
thanks windy,

there is no rush for it, mine is just curosity more than anything else.

I see tha mich and ohio also sare the same waters, and I was wondering what the regs would be in lake eerie..

have the turkies been hittin on any thing?[angelic] lol
[signature]