Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying commercials!
[size 2]What is up with everyone singing songs now in commercials. And they all suck![blush][/size]

[size 2]And worse than anything these songs get into your head like your under a trance.[/size]

[size 2]The one I hate the most and has been around the longest is Cal Worthington in Southern California.[/size]

[size 2]The dealership is ok but him and his Dog spot are ready to drive me crazy!![crazy][crazy][/size]

[size 2]" I will stand upon my head until my ears are turning red, go see Cal go see Cal go see Cal "[/size]

[size 2]I am going to go see Cal and take a friggin sledgehammer to him!! ( Just kidding[Wink]) But you know what I mean...[/size]

[size 2]What commercials annoy you and why?[/size]
[signature]
[cool] That my friend, is called advertising. The annoying little jingle to one person is a catchy little long for someone else.

How long has Cal Worthington been at it? I'm not exactly sure but I can remember from when I was 3 or 4 yrs old he was singing the same old song. Repitition of a catchy phrase will influence your brain to be stuck on a product or idea.

I too was wondering when he would come up with something new but it is working for him. Some like it and others don't.

Thanks for sharing that with us.
[signature]
he's still around i rember him from...... i don't know 25 years ago at least
[signature]
I can remember from about 35 yrs ago. Funny thing though, he never had to same dog spot.
[signature]
yep i rember that it was always a different animal don't ever recall seeing a dog
[signature]
[size 2] Cal Worthington and his dog spot! But they always showed him walking a bear or cougar or something like that[sly][/size]

[size 2] I think Spot died along time ago and that is why we don't see him. [/size]

[size 2] I actually met Cal once. He is a trippy dude. I was looking for a Ford F-150 and my friend got a good deal there so I stopped by and he was in the showroom.[/size]

[size 2] Old dude. Gotta be like a 100 now![sly][/size]
[signature]

Hey there aquaman,

I remember him 40 years ago. It was all live black and white TV then. His bear spot got a hold of him one time and knocked off his hat, tore his jacket and started to maul him but he just kept up his sales pitch. funny! He didn't have spot on for a while. Next thing I remember, he had an elephant!

How about Earl Schibe. 'I'll paint any car for 19.95!' Then it was 29.95 and that old dude is still advertising on TV here in So Cal. He says it in a wierd gruff half yelling voice. funny.

JapanRon
[signature]
I think old Earl is up to a buck 29 right now. The only thing is that they are trying to compete with the one day paint and body shop right now. So if you order their premium job at Earl Sheibb, expect to pay around $400 bucks.
[signature]