Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gladwin, wiggins lake ,11-12-03
[font "verdana, arial, helvetica"][size 2]Well i tried to post this last night but the power went out and shut me down for a bit .
Iwent back to my honey hole again last night after work . there was a storm headed our way and i wanted to get there before conditions would get rough .
Rain was expected from the west , snow from the north . and hIgh winds from God knows where . Perfect fishing weather indeed .
As soon as the clowds rolled in the bite was on , walleye after walleye wa on my lines . It got so bad I had to retire one rod before it was going to be pulled in by the hungry fish .
That big walleye must have learned his lesson and never made an apperance , however , in his place came a muskey . He gave me every bit of a battle these fish are known for , held up there reputation to it's highest standards and then some . I managed to land him without the use of my net that was made for somewhat smaller fish .
He measured out to be fourty inches , just two inches shy of a keeper , even with the "pinched tail " measurement that is allowed here it came up shy , fourty one and three quarters , not that i would have kept him using that system anyways . I/m after something to mount over the fireplace .
I figured that all in all i had a good evening of fishing in and that it was time to head back . The sky was lighting up from the thunderstorms and the winds were making it rather difficult to get a good cast out . Good old Mr. daylight was headed west .
Now some guys may say that fishing in weather like this is nuts , the wife feels it's some form of mid-life crisis ,and they may have some level of truth in there thinking about this . I myself feel that getting out there , feeling and dealing with everthing old mother nature has to throw at you only enhances the fishing experiance . All I really know is that it sure beats wasting my time sitting in front of a telivision watching other guys fish when I have the opurtunity to do it myself .
Yes fellow anglers , that old saying "He who hesitates is lost " even applys to our sport . what will you be doing this weekend ?[/size][/font]
[signature]