Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaw dropping, Eye widening, Tounge tieing Surprise
Here while back I met the FG at Willow Pond for a little fly fly flicking.
She had this pretty blue rod she was using that day. She let me "fondle" it for a bit and my mind was made up that I just couldn't live without one. Turned out to be a Allen Compass. Felt real good in my hand. Made the plan to pick one up at the Expo today. Joni told me to find her before I went to the Allen booth. When I got there, she said to me "there you are and here you go". She handed me one of those Compass rods and said enjoy. Told her that I couldn't let her do that, but it was no use. Takes a lot to shut my big mouth, but that sure did.
Stood there for a while wondering how to thank her,trying to catch my breath again, wondering what just happened, and came to at the Allen booth buying a reel to go along with the new rod.[cool]

What a gal and what a sweet sweet friend. Im still in shock. Off to pick up some Sharkskin now. Joni, I will never be able to thank you enough.

pa
[signature]
Sweet! She is a great gal. Congrats on the new rod and reel. Must be some rod!!![cool]
[signature]
Indeed. I've never come across anyone so accomplished and yet so willing to share tips and techniques that others would consider sacred secrets to only be shared with the fly fishing elites.

Thanks FG for taking the time today to show me some great tying tips. I shouldn't have signed up for so many classes so I could have spent more time watching your tying demos.
[signature]
I was at the expo today as well. I sought out FG because I wanted to buy one of her leaders. I walked away with a sweet leader at no cost. She is a great person, very kind and a real assest to the sport. Thanks FG!
[signature]
+1 I've never had the chance to fish with her yet but I did ask her about her furled leaders and 2 days later they were in my mailbox! Love having folks like that in the fishing world... Enjoy that compass rod! I love mine. I talked to one of the allen guys at the expo and even he was shocked at how great the compass rod turned out!
[signature]
Even with as much as we used to bicker in the past I had the opprotunity to meet her in person and I must say she is one stand up gal.

FG rocks!
[signature]
I am so proud to call you a friend Pa and all you young men here. Let me start off by saying being an old biker chick, I live by the rule "what goes around, comes around".
Pa has given me so many nice things, it was a no brainer to get this for him.
He is a total joy to fish with.

Nothing thrills me more to posting or telling someone about a special fly I come across that although a bit unusual, it proves itself over and over again.
I didn't get a chance to show the Gartside Gurgler (the one with the cool foam Kevin) but that too is a wonderful fly.

Twin, and you others that are venturing out to the fly fishing world, I have a big Smile when I real you achievements.
Fly Fishing is just a different way to catch fish, but it is more challenging to perform, and to me more satisfying. Plus fooling them with something out of my head and hands.

I look forward to sharing some water with all of you at some point. And pa, I am there anytime you call. Love you bro.
[signature]
[quote TylerKunz]+1 I've never had the chance to fish with her yet but I did ask her about her furled leaders and 2 days later they were in my mailbox! Love having folks like that in the fishing world... Enjoy that compass rod! I love mine. I talked to one of the allen guys at the expo and even he was shocked at how great the compass rod turned out![/quote]

+2 I too met her for the first time yesterday, came away with a furled leader, and slip indicators on her. Thanks again . Looking forward to fishing with her in the future. In the fly fishing world it is always nice to meet folks like her, and when you do it is really something special .
[signature]
Wow Im jealous those compass rod are pretty sweet.

Kudo FG !!! In a world were everybody seems to be only looking out for themselves its good to hear there are still good people out there [angelic]
[signature]
Outstanding! FG is the best there is!
[signature]
No doubts Joni rocks! And always will.

Kelly.
[signature]
Oh my I am speechless. Thank you all so much
[signature]
I love gurglers for when bass aren't quite wanting a popper but can still be coaxed to the surface. I swear there isn't a fly you don't know about. And I agree with everything that's been said here.
[signature]
[quote kglissmeyer]No doubts Joni rocks! And always will.

Kelly.[/quote]

They gal not only does Bass on a fly, she does Bass on a rock band - you're right on both accounts!

Kudos Joni. You're a good egg for sure!
awesome testimonial to you sis... and it is well deserved.. I can attest to that.. Ive gotten advice, leaders, flies, reels from her out of the blue.. and then she wonders why I would try to repay her with a gift once in a while.. but thats how she rolls...

now.. what is this gurggler fly that you mentioned???

My biggest hope is to one day meet up and share some water and maybe catch a fish or two.. :-)

Love ya sis
[signature]
But, you missed the point that I am paying it forward. You have all been very giving too. That is the way life should be.

Okay the gurgler is many thing. It is a boobie fly, it is a popper, it is even a MOUSE.

It is basically a bugger style fly with a strip of foam wrapped over the top. But by leaving the tag at the eye longer, it makes a killer popper. Tie it on a sinking line and it will rise on the pause and dive on the strip, opposite of other nymphs. Really makes an effective Damsel nymph pattern
[Image: Tadpole3.jpg]
[Image: Gartside5450.jpg]

As a Mouse
[Image: Mouse1.jpg]
[signature]