Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help on catching more caatfish
i need help on catching more cat fish.....can anyone help me??!?!
[signature]
go fishing more often, change things up! Add more hooks and a second pole, to increase your odds! And if your just looking to catch quantity stick with night crawlers and shrimp.
[signature]
what artifical lures will catfish go for in murky water? how deep are they this time of year? and what are some good artifical baits tht catfish go for alot?
[signature]
Hi Willi,
I use a lot of artificial lures. However I almost always use live, cut or dough baits for catfish. They usually prefer to pick up bait off the bottom rather than chase artificial lures.

I have caught catfish on spinners, jigs and rubber worms. If you insist on using an artificial I would suggest using a plastic worm. It would probably work even better it you used some scent on the worm. Catfish feed more by smell than by sight, especially in murky water. That why bait or dough works best when fishing for catfish.

I see you are from Ma, I expect the water there is still cold this time of year. Catfish like warm water so try to find a shallow part of a pond or area of the river where the water can warm up before the main part of the lake or stream.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck
Rick
[signature]
ok but what color plastic worms work good for murky waters?
[signature]
Willie,
I don't think the color matters for catfish. I always use darker colored worms regardless of the water color.

It's best to use use a dip bait or scent with a soft worm fishing for catfish because they will find the bait from the smell.

Rick

more about catfish and bait - http://catfishbait-carpbait-recipes.com/catfishbait/
[signature]
For cats I preffer worms or minnow in that order.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/17756/cat/838"][Image: DSCN1764.JPG][/url]

Caught 5 days ago
Ya, they is Yellow Bulls [:p]
But there is a dozen of them. [cool]
I caught two catfish yesterday using fruit,check out the post above yours!
Thinking of going back and catching more and get some clips together,already got two on video!
[signature]
hotdogs work too if you leave them out in the sun for a couple hours.[:p]