Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tired of Turkey???? SARL and Corona lakes can fix that!!
[size 4]FOR THE BIG THANKSGIVING DAY HOLIDAYS--------------We will be stocking
two huge Rainbow Trout, one in Santa Ana River Lakes and one in Corona Lake.
Either one or both of these monsters will break the current California record of 26.08 pounds. Mt. Lassen says they've got them and they will be
stocked Wednesday night November 26th.

WE WILL BE CLOSED ALL DAY THURSDAY, THANKSGIVING DAY-------But we will open Friday November 28th, the day after Thanksgiving and
you'll have the chance to break the current California State Record for Rainbow Trout.
[/size]
[signature]
[size 2]I might head out and take the pontoon[Wink][/size]
[signature]

Hey there TubeN2,

So ...... If we go to either one of these lakes, are we guarranteed not to run into a turkey or two. I've heard there are some that gobble up the primo spaces and have a distinct pecking order on the bank. But I guess they are everywhere and at anytime.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey JR, All you have to do is cast your line over theirs a couple of times. Either they will move or they will ask you to move. ha ha.
[signature]
[size 2]Hey JR,[/size]

[size 2] That's why I tube when I go there! Cost an extra $5 but I have better luck from the tube than shore.[/size]

[size 2] I start near docks and drift alogn shoreline. Usually will hit an occasional catfish.[/size]

[size 2] Last year caught some nice size trout. Guys on shore died when they saw me releasing them[shocked][mad][/size]

[size 2] But I catch and release most of my fish. Unless it's really HUGE![/size]

[size 2] Then it's a keeper[Wink][/size]
[signature]
well i said it once and i'll say it again i do not believe any hatchery raised fish should count as a state or any record for that matter
[signature]
You are definitely right there aquaman. I too believe that the fish should be there on his own recognacense. Otherwise a planted record can be beat within a couple of months. What kind of glory is that?? Not my style.
[signature]