Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
imiation crab meat for bait???
[size 4]Has anyone ever try imiation crab meat for bait???[/size]
[signature]
[size 2] In saltwater. Caught mackeral only and that was off and on. A friend brought some on the boat awhile ago, also tried left over lobster and cocktail shrimp. [sly][/size]

[size 2] But shrimp always seems to work for something[Wink][/size]
[signature]

Hey there FTRDeckhand,

Yep, in Japan, they've got imitation crab and shrimp meat for human and fishy alike. They use them for carp fishing as well as for chumming some of the species that haunt rock pinnacles and outcroping in the saltwater. Very dangerous fishing, but the rewards are many!

JapanRon
[signature]
don't see why it wouldn't work after all it is fish and fish do eat fish
[signature]
It's all in the presentation and the iquisitiveness of the pedator. I can just picture a sign that you would attach to the line for them.(especially in CA)

"This meal contains reclaimed fish products and could be hazardous to your health and could cause serious side effects such as a sore mouth, low weigh in relults and possible death" bon appetit
[signature]

Hey there FTRDeckhand,

On a similar vien, I've tried some canned jumbo shrimp, clam, and crab meat and got not a single bite! I really have tried hard and spent something like 10 bucks but to no avail! Finding some razor clams they look like mussels on site, I began catching fish not once but twice!

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2]Mussel almost always work in saltwater. But you better have some string. I personally use nylons. ( for fishing you sickos![laugh])[/size]

[size 2] I got little 2 x 3 squares in advance the place the mussels in the nylon then hook it. I have yet to have it come off once.[/size]

[size 2] Mussel works it's way throught the nylon too which works out good. if you never have tried it I would. Works alot better than string. But no trying on the nylons! You must resist![sly][sly][crazy][/size]
[signature]