Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Weekend
Spent several days at Starvation this past weekend, fishing was great if you are after trout, we couldn't keep them off the cranks we trolled, caught them on bottom bouncers as well. The water temp went from 53 to 56 degrees while we were there. We only caught a couple eyes, but I know they should start turning on. we fished after dark working the shore lines with cranks and plastic twister tails as well. Beautiful weather with very little wind, something that is unusual for that place. Headed back next week for 5 days of fishing.[fishin]
[signature]
What a life [Smile]
[signature]
Nice report[Smile]
Want to get out there soon, still trying to tag a Turkey. Tough Year for my go to spot[crazy]

Any size to the Walleye's?
[signature]
16 to 18 inches, never did fill my turkey tag on the early hunt. I had a conversation with one of the locals on the average size of the trout we caught being smaller than they have been for the past several years. They said there is talk of doing some restrictions on the trout there as supposedly there were grundles of big trout taken this winter through the ice. Don't know if there is any truth in that or not. Another rumor I heard last week as they are suppose to be planting walleye in Willard this summer, seems wierd to me when supposedly there are too many in Willard now.[crazy]
[signature]
I think it would be good idea to put some restrictions on trout harvest at Starvation. I don't see it happening though. A two-fish limit on trout would be good.
Two 18" - 19" fat Starvation rainbows gives you some nice orange fillets.
[signature]