Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod/Reel Combination
Would the 7'6 Medium Light fast St. Croix Tidemaster Inshore Spinning Rod be a good match with the Penn Slammer 360 10lb/240 yds reel?

After research they both seem to be light but strong, however due to lack of experience I am not sure if there are changes I could make to make this rod/reel combination better or make an entirety new set.

For my fishing I plan on fishing for trout which are regularly stocked in a medium/small river in my back yard and also doing some inshore fishing at my boat marina and around that bay area for stripers or medium sized pollack/herring/mackerel.

Thanks for any answers, my budget isn't defined but I don't plan on making my living from fishing so I don't need the 500 dollar equipment. Definitely wouldn't mind a 200 rod or reel if I knew for certain it would be great.

Also, if there is a certain line or any lures that would work best for my location I would love to know!!
That combo should be fine. Not my preference in a reel just because of ergonomics, but still a good reel. I'd bump up to 20 lb braid like suffix or power pro. if you target line shy species, just albright on a strip of fluorocarbon leader, and all is well.
[signature]