Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know the change Texas has made along the coastline!
Texas has just recently slotted the limit on trout with 10 trout per day and minimum keeper is now 15 inches, and only 1 can be over 25 inches. the plan being that more of the large breeders will remain in the water so more people can catch 'em.

I took this info from another board. Can anyone verify it as fact and true?
[signature]
Any and all the informatioregarding fishing Texas' Fresh or Saltwater (such as the new regualtions of spectled trout) is always available on the TPW&D website. The link below will take you directly to the saltwater regualtions page.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications...size.phtml

JimFiles
JR's Guide Service
www.jrguideservice.com
[signature]
Jim,
Thanks for the info. I knew the info would be on the TPD&W website. I was wandering if it was beeing promoted through any notice from them to get the new lengths and limmits out to the average angler.
[signature]
The regulation changes have received volumes in the print media as well as talk/call-in radio programs throughtout the state. Virtually every outdoor writer on any major newspaper, several columnists in Texas Fish & Game magazine, Texas Outback magazine has written on changes throughout the course of debates ever since the changes were merely a proposal.

The new regualtions are in the TPW&D handbook given to every person that buys a license in the state and is posted in tackle and bait stnds all along the coast. It is the responsibility of the individual angler to be informed and knowledgable of regualtions.

JF
[signature]