Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Compass Rods
I am trying to get my girlfriend into the magical art of fly flingin andI seen the allen compass rods. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these rods and what they're like
[signature]
Several have them. I have one of thee first[Smile][Smile] It is the 9' 5 weight. Light and medium action. Great rod for roll casting and can handle big flies and wind.
Pretty blue[laugh]
[signature]
Soubds sweet. How about the trout 2 reel?
[signature]
[Image: IMG_0171.jpg]

I own several upper end reels, but since using the Trout, I have retired most of them. Trout and Kraken reel plus a proto AST are all I pretty much use these days
[signature]
I purchased the 4wt and lets just say my sage has been sitting in the closet ever since... It will cast dries like a freaking dream and still throw a weighted nymph rig as well. Best rod for the price you will ever find!!
[signature]
What would you recommend for a beginner a 8'6" or a 9'?
[signature]
Either. Personal choice as there is only a 6" difference. I imagine the weight is not noticeable.
9' is the traditional beginner.
[signature]
[Wink]Joni gave me a 5ft. 5wt compass a little while ago. Since then I have retired my Sage and my beloved Greys. This is a sweet rod. Best casting I've used and the roll cast is unbelievable. And besides that it was a gift from Joni. So I ask you what could be better than that? Nothing. This is a great trod and reel combo. You cant go wrong with this.
pa
[signature]