Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll casting
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]On a recent trip I encountered an area of Sabrina Creek where wading wasn't permitted. [Apparently a feeder to Bishop's water supply.] If I didn't know how to roll cast then the fishing would have been rather difficult to say the least. Bow casting is a pain. As you can see in the pix I was in a confined area. BTW the fish were plentiful.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline "Sabrina Creek....jpg"]
[signature]
Beautiful creek. Bummer that you can't wade. Besides more casting room I like to be able to wade into position to best present my fly.

The roll cast is a life saver!!
[signature]
Beautiful! No wading even with waders? Our Little Dell is our drinking water. No domestic pets, no swimming, and must wear waders or a wet suit if using and SUP or sail board.
I go a lot of places wear normal cloths so roll casting is a big part of fishing. Plus using BIG indicators, roll casting is a must.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][i][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Yes FG the area is beautiful. At 9200' and above the snow line it is a peaceful area to wet a fly. [/size][/#008000][/font]Unfortunately the area sees too many spin fisherman that care nothing about obeying the rules. Also if you don't get off to yourself they will try to hone in on your space. They don't care if they cast across your line. [/size][/#008000][/font][/i]
[signature]
Awesome looking fishing hole.. :-)
[signature]