Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm ready
For the Summer fishing

[Image: IMG_0642_zps4c1a61fc.jpg]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Seems like a shame to let a fish mess up those nice looking flies, Good luck.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
Not many dries. Is this just a stillwater box?
[signature]
Yup! With 6 inflatables and an Aluminum boat, I don't do many rivers during warm months......except the Jordan for my Carp[Wink]
[signature]
I can understand that. Also those lake fishies are a bit larger than the little stream brookies. Love that tug! [laugh][laugh]

I like your fly mix, and it is so nice and tidy! What are you using for a box? I haven't seen one that looks like that one. Nice and deep.
[signature]
You need to hit the Uintas for a few days with us!
The box was in the discount bin at Sportsmans Warehouse. It is 14" x 14" x 3".

Nearest I can find is one of the drawers for thee shooter cases by Plano. Then we bought the big patch at Fish Tech.

Sure the box is nice now.....give me a few hours on a lake[Smile]
[signature]
Wow! That is even bigger than I thought.

The Uintas would be great. I am getting antsy for the snow to melt in the higher mountains. Not long now...
[signature]
Some of those fluffy flies in the middle are 5" long (articulated)[Wink]
[signature]
So thats like what... a few hours of flies ???? What are ya gonna do for the rest of the day.. :-)
[signature]
Oh Lordy no. I am a slow tier. I get bored and walk around then come back and tie more.
But Dang you Cpierce...I best tie up some Royal Wulffs and some Caddis.
[signature]
Top water is just so much fun. Even if it is just for the little guys in a local canyon stream. Caddis and stones are soon soon soon!!

Happy Birthday FG. I hope you have another great year!
[signature]
Thanks! Caddis just flat out work. Plus, I kept saying, one day I am going to land a Henry's Trout on a dry....[Wink]
[signature]
Dang that would be an accomplishment. Places like Henry's, the fish are so well fed they don't bother looking up much.

Skip the caddis and go to the big guns....Maybe a nice quiet float after the sun goes down, and take a little mouse for a swim.

That really sounds fun!!!
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Thanks! Caddis just flat out work. Plus, I kept saying, one day I am going to land a Henry's Trout on a dry....[Wink][/quote]

Its been a while, but back in the day I caught a few there with adult damsels. It really hasn't changed much from then except for being more crowded. I think there's still a damsel hatch? I never caught a "biggie" on top like the ones you can get with wets though.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that killer adult damsel pattern you had, but were keeping secret until published somewhere?[Wink]

Here's my simple one for slow rivers and ponds.
The silhouette is right and it even works on spring creeks.
[inline "Blue Damsel.JPG"]
[signature]
It isn't an Adult, it is a nymph and still waiting[crazy]
[signature]