Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIBBLE FORK
Has anyone fished the tibble fork recently I have never fished there but will be down there at the end of june. does anybody have any good information on it. anything will be helpful
[signature]
DWR has dumped more than 5000 bows in there in the past 6 weeks. If that's what you're after you'll be fine for a while.
[signature]
I haven't been there in a couple of years but it's pretty much your standard bait...spinners,powerbait,salmon eggs and worms...I myself like to fish the south side of the lake...It's steep and deeper over there or by the dam...If your fishing by the dam I like to use a floater...
[signature]
[Smile] I fished it On May 31, 2013. I am not an expert, by any means. I have caught lots of rainbows there before but that night I got skunked pretty much. I caught a small rainbow that looked about 4 inches, but it got off the hook as it flopped out of the water onto the rocks and the stream pushed it back down. Usually you can always catch something right by the NW inlet near the pedestrain bridge at dusk or dawn, but when I was there the inlet is extremely low, so any really decent sized fish could not be up in there, the water is so shallow, but I would try and fish that inlet or on the east side where the water is swift and coming in. I saw several at dusk near there. The problem with Tibble fork though too, is that is gets so much pressure. If you have access mainly a 4X4 vehicle I would go up to Silver lake flat. It is not that much further and less people, especially if you are taking kids, It is sometimes hard to get into a good spot at tibble fork with kids, without getting muddy and wet. Silver flat you can drive pretty close to good spots. But that is just my two cents. And actually you do not need 4X4 to get there it is just nice, you could make it in a 2 wheel drive just fine, just go slow and be careful. I would take a beater truck or SUV. But I was using a bubble and fly when I would catch a lot at Tibble Fork. I know I am the minoritiy on this one, but I never caught anything with powerbait there. I think mine might be too old or something. Anyway hope that helps, good luck. Also the south side requires more of a hike, but usually less people and I saw a few other catching some rainbows on the small rock that jettisons out into the lake.
[signature]
do you know if you can take a float tube on it?
[signature]
yeah you can have a toon, tube, or a small boat. No power motor though. A flot tube is good to. I see people with them all the time
[signature]
You canatake a float tube on it. I would recommend that instead of shore. If you fly fish I would use a bugger in black or olive. If you're a hardware kinda guy I would use rapalas for sure too.
[signature]
awesome I will be fly fishing thanks for the info
[signature]
Then take some Adams and Mosquitoes for the top water action. Caddis too
[signature]
If you get bored of tibble I would try silver lake flat and the creek above and below tibble. The fish are smaller in the creek but its a lot of fun. I would recommend Adam's, royal wulff and a stimulator always seem to work for me.
[signature]
awesome I love fishing dries thanks
[signature]
Never had great success with a Royal Wulff, but what size and color stimulator you like? And are you using a longer leader?

Oh and one more that can be fished wet or dry....RENEGADES. Like size 16 or 18. Lotsa snails I am sure in there.
[signature]
Renegades are another. My two faves are a size 16 double renegade and a size 18 half ass renegade. I usually use a size 14 to 18 with the wulffs and size 12 to 16 stimulator. The stimulators I usually use yellow and orange. Neither with better success than the other. I usually use a 7.5 ft leader with a foot or a foot and a half of 8x tippet. I also love size 16 ants up there as well.
[signature]
8X! Alrightly then
[signature]
Also 6x and 7x.
[signature]
You da man. 8X wow.....[Smile]
[signature]
You should try 10x- it's 0.25lb test[Tongue].
[signature]
Wow! I would lose a lot of flies with 8x. I have a tendency to stick to the 3 to 6lb on my tippets. I would say what x diameter, but it changes a lot with whether it is floro or mono.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]You should try 10x- it's 0.25lb test[Tongue].[/quote]

Oh yea. Hair thin. Tried it.....once[laugh] Crazy thin!
[signature]
I fish it a ton and it's a fun place for dinks (that's small fish) but they can be hard to catch some days.

I fish mohair leeches in black or orange and olive will work. Also a CA leech and just about any shade of olive crystal bugger.

Chironomids work great as does a #12 GRHE. Let me know when you go maybe I can meet you there.
[signature]