Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AN OWL OF A FISHING STORY
My husband and I fish in southern Louisiana in the freshwaters of the Atchafaylaya Basin. On this particular Saturday we were going to our favorite spot and I saw a huge owl fly by and pointed it out to him. We stopped and starting fishing and I caught a small crappie (here they are called sac a lait) it was very tiny and I held it up (still hooked on) to show my husband my whopper I had caught, I then felt the brush of something on my face and look to see the owl had grabbed the fish from my hands. My husband shouts "don't let go of the rod" and runs to the back of the boat, grabs the pole and jerks, he pulled the fish from the owls claws and reeled it back in. He then unhooked the fish and threw it out into the water, the owl then came back down and picked up the fish and flew away to eat it. A little scary but I wish I would have had a video camera with me.<br><br>by Seaux_What : Wednesday 20 September, 2000 <br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com