Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sierra Cutthroat Trout - Video
We were up in the Sierras last week and on the way home stopped for a short day hike. I brought the fishing rod along and turned out to be a great decision. The Cutthroat were attacking my fly and float setup most of the day and caught a bunch of very colorful trout. Just waded out to the drop of and cast a bead head prince nymph to the edge. Seemed like a slow retrieve would trigger bites. I was getting tons of bites and it was pretty neat as the fish would chase the fly right up to me. One fish even ate my float and when I set the hook the float slid down the line and the fish got hooked in the mouth. This was caught on the video. Anyways for some of the action check out the pics and video below.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]I assume that you were fishing the Eastern Sierras. In what area did you fish? Last month I set out west from Bishop to fish several streams up near Lake Sabrina. Caught lots of small guys on my 2 wt. The Sierras have many places that one can wet a fly with good results. I'm a dry fly guy and it doesn't seem to matter what kind of dry I use as they all work well. 18/20s will do.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Eastern, McLeod Lake. Nice little catch and release lake.
[signature]