Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sun Valley/Ketchum Area Help?
Hey all,

I am planning on cooing up to the sun valley/ketchum area for a trip from salt lake city for my fall break from school next week. I haven't fished this area since I was way young and was wondering if anyone would have any advice or tips for the area ? Any help with flies or anything would be awesome!

Thanks
[signature]
I've had some decent luck on a river thats on the other side of the mountains if you head north east out of town on the Trail Creek Road. Its a dirt road that spits you out on the plains portion on the other side of the mountain range. I've seen some fisherman over there but not nearly as many as on the Big Wood or certainly Silver Creek. The Big Wood can be fun for catching average sized fish. Silver Creek is PhD fishing with very small tippets and small flies. If you go in a few weeks I'm sure the browns will be spawning if they arnet already which means streamer fishing! Good luck!
[signature]

Here is a link to Silver Creek Outfitter's fishing report. I suggest stopping in there and talking to them. They will point you in the right direction.

[url "http://silver-creek.com/blogs/report/2013/10/02/fishing-forecast-october-2nd-9th/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+scofishingreport+%28Sun+Valley+Fishing+Forecast%29"]http://silver-creek.com/blogs/report/2013/10/02/fishing-forecast-october-2nd-9th/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+scofishingreport+%28Sun+Valley+Fishing+Forecast%29[/url]
[signature]
Big Wood treated me well last time I was up there, but ut was during the green drake hatch so that won't be much of a help. We had an awesome time fishing...I think it was warm creek or something like that, they were mostly dinks but they pounded the dries. Again, never fished up there is the fall but good luck!
[signature]
Had a good time up in the Sun Valley area fishing. Hit a couple rivers and had one day where the BWO hatch was incredible. Got 40 fish that day, mostly were hard fighting rainbows and got a nice surprise cutty that was ~24". Next day had some good luck again and got 25 more bows but nothing of size. Overall it was a good time up there and there a lot of cool waters to fish. Thanks for the advice.
[signature]