Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New poll for week of Dec 7
[cool]What is your favorite brand of high strength fishing line?

There must 100 or more brands out there and differnt types. Please give a brief description of the one that you use the most.[cool]
[signature]
Fireline. i use it for icefishing and trolling its awesome
[signature]

Hi there TubeN2,

I've already posted. My favorite line is based on locale, fishing method and species.

Braids like spectra, Fireline, Professional Pro, Spiderwire are used by me for both saltwater tubing and near-shore fishing. Usually striaght-down or live-line fishing.

Ironsilk is good for fishing in kelp and rocky areas and has great casting characteristics.

Presently, my favorite line for barracuda, bonito, yellowtail and WSB is Izorline Platinum grey as it has high tensil strength and the best knot holding capability I've seen in a long time!

P-line is my favorite for surf and beach fishing in the 2 to 4 lb test line.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Guys, thanks for the response. It looked a little slow this week. I will have a new one in the morning.
[signature]
[cool] Fireline for me !!
[signature]
Excuse my tardy response. I haven't been checking this board for a while.

Most of my fishing is stream fishing for trout.

For ultralight, I use 2# Ande blue. Because of my aging eyesight, I'm switching to Ande's fluorescent yellow 2# for bait and staying with the blue for lures.

On medium to large sized streams I've switched from Ande's 4# blue to Cabela's 4# No-Vis Fluorocarbon for lures and their 4# Vivid Fluorocarbon with 4# No-Vis Fluorocarbon leader for bait.

On big canyon rivers, I've switched from 8# Stren Magnathin to 8# Cabela's No-Vis Fluorocarbon for lures and their 8# Vivid Fluorocarbon with 6# No-Vis leader for bait.

Through all my experimenting, even though I keep cautioning myself on the accuracies of old memories. I still cherish my experiences with the strength, diameter, and limpness (is that a word?) -- at least in 2 and 4# -- of Garcia's Platyl before it was discontinued.
[signature]
I use Spiderwire Stealth for some bassfishing. I highly recommend this line. And I also use Spiderline XXX mono.

Bassmaster-ND
i've just started with the yo-zuri Fluorocarbon lines , spiderwire nah , not for me . tried the fireline , it handeled well , but replacing it every weekend was getting costley .
i use different line for different rods and conditions .
[signature]
I tried the fireline too and I got tired replacing it. Has anyone tried the new BERKLEY FIRELINE XDS?? Its supposedly not to fray...and for 20 bucks for 125yds of it it better not!
[signature]
I've been doing much better with the Excalibur line sinced I changed. It handles big cats, big bass and does good cutting underwater weeds when the fish go for a dive.
[signature]
I have almost as many favorite fishing lines as I have spools for my reels.

I tell ya I am spoild rotton with all the classy lines available.

so here it is.

summer

bass, blue gill, crappie, perch (Stren)

Trout, carp, catfish suckers, sturgeon (triliene)

pike, walleye (Triliene with my home made steal leaders from Mason brand trolling wire)

on ice

tipups (triliene backer braded rope and home made steal leaders from mason brand trolling wire)

walleye, pike (Trileine with home made steal leader from mason brand trolling wire)

all others (Polaris cold water fishing line) stays flexible even at temps below "O"
[signature]
Hey Dave, It sounds like you have it down to a science. That does come from years of experience. I am not the type to just jump out at every new brands that hits the market. I like to wait and see others trials and reports on how well it works for them in similar conditions that I would have used it for.1
[signature]
that is the best part of fishing,

so many different species and so many ways to target them, you dont get board.

there are still tones of fishing I have not done yet nor will be able to do in my life time.

there is just so much fishing to do and so little time to do it in.
[signature]
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I still have some species that I have never gone after. But I still keep that dream alive in me and say "Some day" then I just pray that it will happen.
[signature]