Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHING COMPETITION
I was a member of the Steelheaders group for just a few months<br>when a Shad Fishing Tournament was announced. We were to<br>meet at the Albany Hyak Park, transport the boat owners to<br>Corvallis boat landing when they showed up with their vehicles<br>and boat trailers. They left their boats at the Corvallis landing.<br>When we got to the Corvallis landing, the fun began. I was<br>told to just use a hook, worm, and 3 small split shot weights on<br>my line. I was sitting on a boat cushion which was on a hard<br>bench. Now this was my first tournament and I didn't know<br>what I was getting into. We started to catch shad and then<br>halfway through the drift trip, I was told to change to a boat<br>seat on my right. I did this and a little later, felt and saw my<br>line do two long pulls to the river. I exclaimed that it must<br>be a sturgeon, carp, or sucker fish on my line. It turned out<br>that I was the sucker! It was the guy behind me that was doing<br>the rowing and he was pulling my line. Well, I felt real smug<br>when I finally reached Hyak Park, counted my catch, and<br>found out that I won second place in the tournament. As a<br>Steelheader told me earlier, there wasn't enough women in<br>the group and so he was picking on me. As I won that contest,<br>I think that should teach him not to pick on women!<br><br>by Ellen Compton : Tuesday 19 September, 2000 <br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com