Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado Springs?
So I'll be at Peterson AFB for a few weeks starting early Jan. I'm bummed I'm going to miss the sweet ice fishing Utah has, but I'm sure Colorado has just as many great spots to hit up. Is there anyone willing to take a tourist out so I can reply back to all the hateful messages filled with fish my buddies are sure to send me? I'll buy the beer.
[signature]
I live on the western slope, and almost never make it out that way. If I did, eleven mile, antero and spinny would be at the top of my list. I usually hit Harvey Gap, Rifle Gap and Blue Mesa each year, but they are a haul from where you are. Hope you are able to get out.
[signature]
Thanks man. I will try, and hopefully I can convince other people to tag along/find an auger.
[signature]
I live on the Western Slope, too, so I can't be much of a tour guide, but Eleven Mile and Antero are only a little over an hour from Colo. Spgs and both have very nice trout -- even a few into double digit weights. Eleven Mile has big pike, too. Spinney Mtn. is closed to ice fishing.
[signature]
I'll have my truck, a spinner rod and an ice rod and have no problem traveling. Thanks for the info guys. I'll buy the beer offer still stands if someone wants to play guide.
[signature]
I live in Castle Rock, which is just North of you. I am by no means, a guide, however, I do fish Eleven Mile through the ice. The fishing is really slow there at the moment, but I have read good reports about Antero. If you want to give either of the two lakes a shot let me know.
[signature]