Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats your biggest fish
[cool]mine was a 75 pound channel cat caught on rod and rell in the mississippi river.
[signature]
hey i caught a carp that was 14 lbs. pretty big for up here in Nd
Caught it in the missouri river
[signature]
10lb Carp that I caught also on the missouri river. Caught him on a chartruese spinner with a worm off of a sandbar. Man did he put up a fight! I released him to fight another day.
[signature]
hey bassmaster

wat kind of spinner did you catch it on . were you casting , i was just lettin mine set with a worm . we were fishin for walleye.they really do put up a fight dont they. i released mine too, not to big on eatin carp[Tongue]
[signature]
It was a southbend spinner. You can pick them up at walmart for under a buck. Me and my family went on the river for the day and stopped on a sandbar and I thought I would try my luck casting from the sandbar. My dad thought that I had a snag. "THIS AINT NO SNAG DAD"[Wink][Wink]
[signature]
My biggest freshwater fish was a 20# carp caught in UT on 2lb line and a crappie jig.

Biggest Saltwater was a 6' Leopard Shark caught at Santa Monica CA. It weighed 120lb. Caught on 20lb line and hoisted up with a pier net.
[signature]
thanks a good size carp ,i have had a few that size but none latley,dont do much saltwater as its too far.
[signature]
man they sure are i have busted several reels after a heck of a good fight.
[signature]
[shocked]20lb carp on 2lb test! How did you accomlplish that feat?
[signature]
It took almost 1/2 hr to land it. I was jigging for Crappie at the time and accidently snagged the carp. That same day, my dad also hooked a 25lb mirror carp. It was a long fight as well.

We were only using ultra light gear. Our total for that day was @30 carp. None were under 16lb. After all of that, we did manage about 10 crappie for the day.
[signature]
I have to ask.....what brand of line were you using[cool]?
[signature]
This was back in 78'. We mostly used Stren and Maxima back then. It was about the cheapest that money could buy and you didn't need anything else for crappie and bluegills.

I only had one other set up for fishing Cats from my float tube. That was 6# Maxima. That was strong enough to handle cats up to 28#. Now a days I only use 6# Excalibur for cats of all sizes. That seems to do the best for cutting down some of those underwater weeds when the cat decides to dive.[cool]
[signature]