Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPI report 12/11

[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][size 2]I'll try and make this one quick.We got to the Port M jetty shortly after sunrise .Weather was almost perfect,Beach was like driving on the highway,(45 mph all the way) water was not to rough and a slightly sandy green.We caught whiting off and on all day mixed with a few piggies, rays and a 3 foot blacktip.Saw a precious few tarpon off the end of the jetty and one very large shark cruising withing 10 feet of the end.It got a little windy later in the day but was it was still comfortable.We where almost the only people on the jetty all day.Saw maybe 5 trucks pull up, then leave, all day.We left right at sunset.
I did learn/re-enforce a lesson that I will pass on to anyone who may not know. LOL
Never, NEVER let any part of your body get in a Bull Reds Mouth at any time.
I was helping a guy land a 38 inch red. After I got it up on the rocks I picked it up with my hand in its gills just under its bottom jaw.Somehow my thumb got near the corner of its mouth and it took advantage of the situation . He mashed the end of my thumb like a pair of channel locks could. LOL Of corse I jerked it out instantly and said a few choice words.The fishes mouth had enough power that it busted my thumb nail like a pecan shell.Its not as bad as it sound.Today I have a sore, blue thumb with a hole/crack in my thumb nail.I'm sure it will grow back, LOL.
Until next time,

.[/size][/font]
[signature]