Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Reservoir
Any updates from pineview reservoir? Looking to bag a decent amount of perch this season. Curious as to if they are still biting and if quantities and quality are still coming
Thanks fellow anglers who are crazy enough to ice fish!
[signature]
I hit it Saturday morning. Started a little before light. 1st fish was a bluegill, second a crappie, and as it got lighter a few perch came in. It was slow. There were no schools of crappie, but usually a few on the bottom. (sometimes none) I didn't move around but ended up with 21 total fish. It took until almost 1 pm. Two weeks before there were constant schools of crappie coming through. This was north of Cemetery Pnt. A ton of people clear across to the north, but those that I talked to said it was very slow over there. Someone said it was better south of Cemetery.
[signature]
I fished off Browning Point (which is North of Cemetery Point). We moved once and iced 52 Perch and 0 Crappie. We started about 7:30 and left at Noon. Fishing really slowed down after 11 AM.

Good Luck!
[signature]
Fished Pineview today off Browning from about 1 to dark. The perch bite was slow, but was enough to keep me interested with two poles. Caught about 15 perch, and some bonus Crappie (3 small ones) just as the Sun went down.

One tip that most probably know, the perch bite was most consistent on perch meat! Little cannibals!

Good luck [Smile]
[signature]
Hey how deep were you guys fishing? I have never been there and I'm taking my kids on sat, to try and catch some perch or crappie.
[signature]
Personally, I tried to get to as deep a water as I could. I walked Southwest from the access point at the end of Stringtown road. Still the depth was only about 25 feet.

But there were a bunch of people fishing closer to shore and not far West from the access, so maybe someone will chime in with their luck shallower. Good luck!
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try
[signature]