Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 1/22/13
Got out to Yuba on the ice for the first time yesterday. Slow fishing but did manage to get a few pike for the trip, also had few miss hook-sets and bites.
fished in about 19 feet of water.
All in All it was good to get out and get a pike through the ice, Maybe head out for some bigger ones here before the ice comes off.
a few pics
[signature]
Looks like you got some nice ones, looking to try it again saturday.
I have heard that they added the Yuba pike to the advisory list for Mercury, any one have any info on that.
[signature]
Yeah, probably to keep the whole state of utah from keeping every pike that's caught on Yuba, I'm all about harvesting fish, but I don't think they took into affect when BFT and dnr posts a monster pike on social media, the next week it gets hit harder than Vegas in December !!

So they come out with mercury advisory!
[signature]
lol the mercury Advisory has been on longer then the ice has been.. lol
and yes the DWR wants every one to take as many pike as they can out of the lake.. if you think its bad now wait tell the Adam Eakles outdoors show comes out this weekend.. if there is anyone in the state that don't know about the pike in Yuba they will after that show runs.. still plenty of pike to catch in yuba..
[signature]
I'm glad you caught my sarcasm , a lot of people don't [Wink]
[signature]
Nice! Some tugs from the pike makes the day go better. Glad you got into em and hopefully another day will bring more to your creel.
[signature]
ah yeah that made it worth it.
maybe well go again here soon.[fishon]
[signature]
[left]
[/left]
Can't wait to get back out there once the ice thaws.
[signature]
[quote monsterfishgame][left]
[/left]
Can't wait to get back out there once the ice thaws.[/quote]

Ditto!!![cool]
[signature]