Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal gripes
If GEEZER can list his gripes I want to list a few:

CenturyLink -

Before one can begin a chat session one must key their telephone number (account number) with Century Link.

When you get into the chat session what is one of the first things you are asked? What is your account number?

I asked today, why I am required to key my telephone number before I can start a chat session and then you ask for it again. The answer, "I can see the telephone number you previously entered but I am required to get it direct from you."

You are also asked to key a contact telephone number in case you are disconnected. I have been disconnected several times over the years, usually after being on hold for several minutes, and only once was I called back. I guess every other time they either didn't care, or assumed I had just decided to hang up.

New one today -- I have reached my 25 number limit on my call rejection service. Discovered it when I tried to enter the latest telephone number wanting to save me money on my credit card by participating in the stimulus program.

The choices offered when reaching the 25 number limit, if I wanted to add the new number, are: key the telephone number you would like to delete, or delete all 25 telephone numbers from your call rejection account. Maybe there are a few customers out there who take meticulous records of each number, as they add them, but I am not one of those few. Wouldn't it seem logical that one could have the option of deleting the oldest number on the call rejection service and replace it with the new one? Wouldn't it be nice if one could log Online, at their website, and manage the telephone numbers on the call rejection list? It might be nice, but neither option is available.

The nice young man, I spoke to, offered to call me back later, when he could look at the telephone numbers (couldn't look now because he has been trying, unsuccessfully to bring up my account, for over seven minutes), and we could decide which numbers to delete. I thanked him but said no thanks because I would just have to call back again when it reaches the 25 maximum. I explained that I will delete all 25 numbers and start over, but this time I will keep a written list.

The lady on the chat session, before I called in, was unable to do anything for me other than to provide the telephone number I needed to call to try to obtain service. Although, she couldn't help she certainly didn't hesitate to try to bundle services by adding Direct TV to my account. Despite me explaining that I didn't want satellite TV, because of having to sometimes climb a ladder to remove the snow, she was extremely persistent, but unsuccessful. Can't help me, but sure can push on something that undoubtedly earns her a little extra on her pay check.

I step down and allow the next person to step up on the soap box.
[signature]
My gripe is with Microsoft:
I have (soon to be "HAD") an old desktop computer. It runs on WinXP Professional. I just bought a brand new laptop with Win8.1. On my desktop I was running Microsoft Office 2010. I purchased the DVD and it says it can be installed only on one computer legally. So I phoned MS and explained I was transferring all my old files and programs to my new computer. The old computer was being recycled and would not longer be used. I wanted to install my copy of MS Office 2010 on my new computer. When I loaded the DVD and went through the installation wizard, I then entered in my 25 digit alpha/numeric "Activation Key". It then gave me an error and said I needed to also enter in another 25 digit alpha/numeric "Product Key Code". The MS agent looked up my copy of MS Office 2010 and confirmed it was registered to me. However, they would NOT provide me with product key code. They told me to check my emails back to April of 2011 for this code. I told them that realistically no one saves emails that old. They agreed with me, but said the only option I had was to allow them to install it for a "fee". That "fee" is $149!! Are you freakin' kidding me, was my response. They could look up my copy of the software, tell me that I'm the owner based upon my valid "Activation Key Code", but refused to give me a product key code so I could install the software on my new laptop! What a scam. I was furious. I the looked on line for others who might have had the same problem. Sure enough, there were many other people with the exact same gripe that I had. On Wednesday I will be forced to buy another copy of MS Office. However, nowadays, the software runs on a "subscription" for 4 years and then it expires and you have to pay to renew it 4 years from now. What the crap is that all about. I'm off my soapbox, not happy, still pissed, but at least I vented. I wanted to strangle that MS Office agent. I told her "no wonder why people pirate your programs". Damn cell phones....I couldn't even slam the phone down to get some satisfaction!
[signature]