Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Sunday on the Weeb
Hit the Weber on Sunday below rockport. Fishing was slow in the morning with nymphs but I still mangaged one on a pheasant tail. Around one there was a huge hatch of midges. I checked the fly box and the closest thing I could find was a size 18 parachute Adams. The issue was the bugs on the water were more like size 22 but the fish didn't seem to mind. Well long story short the fish went crazy for it. Caught about 8 in a two hour stretch. Then around 3 pm some BWO's started coming off and the fishing went off. Got another 15 on the Adams. Overall it was one of my best days on the river and one to remember. All of the fish caught were browns and all but one were on the dry. Fish ranged anywhere from 8-17 in.
[signature]
Sounds awesome!
[signature]
Way to go! As much pressure as that section of the Weber gets that is some great fishing, or should I say great catching. To bad there isn't more of the river that you can fish thanks to our legislature.[frown]
[signature]
No doubt. There are a lot of miles on that river that are off limits due to greed. Sad to see a river "owed" by people.
[signature]