Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Swap?
Is there any interest in having a fly swap here?

I was thinking of heading up one if anyone is interested. Here is what I have in mind.

Initially I would take 6 people from the board. For the first swap I was thinking each person would tie ten of there best flies (tiers choice). There would be a date in which the flies would have to finished by (you can take and post pictures of what you are tying along the way for more fun). Once all five people have confirmed that they are finished and ready to swap I could do a random drawing (video of the drawing). I would then post the video here and we would make the exchange via mail or personally deliver if the person you draw is local.

This will take a small amount of commitment from each tier. You will need to meet deadlines and communicate with the person you randomly draw to swap with.

For this first one your flies are your choice. Later we could do themed swaps based upon interest and participation. I am open to other ideas too so lets get some input.

Anyone interested post up a reply! [cool]
[signature]
I would consider it but Ive never done one
[signature]
Steve,

No problem. Thanks for the interest.

Four more people?
[signature]
Im game what type of flies were you thinking ?
[signature]
For the first one I was thinking that everyone should tie what they prefer.

Myself, I will be tying half clousers and half bunny-strip pike flies. (I have more experience tying big flies). Carp flies, trout flies, pike flies, bass bugs--it's tiers choice!

We still need some more folks, POST UP IF YOUR INTERESTED!
[signature]
I would certainly be interested in it. I live in cache valley so I have some great patterns I have developed for my local waters up here. I also just joined a fly swap on a face book group where I am going to attempt to create some salt water flies. I have not tied this style of fly before so it shall be interesting. What kind of deadline are you thinking for your fly swap?
[signature]