Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuzion DST
This boat is like looking at things one dimensional.
I have had many tubes and pontoons in my life, each has it's own fantastic features, and each has it's challenges.
[Image: Fusion027_zps9c7a8eae.jpg]
This boat is half pontoon, half stand up paddle board. It is not flat on bottom. It has rockers and curves up slightly on the sides.
Rod holder will be no problem as I have a couple flush mounts already and a smooth canvas. There will be one in the back left as on my other boats. I will use the three rod tree on it. Had to wait for a call telling me what kind of glue. The Loctite will work but not as strong as on other boats. So, I ordered Clifton Urethane Adhesive. This will work on the other boats as well.
This boats rowing will be way different than the other boats, but I am comfortable on the demoing.
[Image: Fusion011_zps836ff117.jpg]

So today I had to modify my sonar again. Placement to clear the oar. Still a little contact but doable
[Image: Sonar_zpsb5f09b3c.jpg]
I changed the Transducer from PVC to square aluminum again. It got rid of a lot of movement and wiggling. Keeping in mind, I have two other boats I use this sonar on so the transducer has to be three different lengths. For the X5 it will be a telescopic mount.
[Image: Transducer_zpsdd2edf15.jpg]
This boat has no drag, and wind resistance will be basically me, so I will be using the small Werker battery and the Minn Kota 30 (thanks to KAnderson).
Battery box is a small plastic basket, held down with Velcro straps.
[Image: Motor_zps6c5cd99f.jpg]
[Image: Battery_zpsb05a41f2.jpg]

Hopefully test drive tomorrow.
[signature]
The Fuzion looks awesome! Cant wait to hear the report of how it performs.
[signature]
That is really slick. I want to copy the aluminum transponder mount. My PVC mount has a lot of slop. It looks like yours is built to swivel with some sort of strap.
[signature]
No swivel. just two bent metal tubes and the plate bolted to them. On the boat is four hard plastic glue on mounts

[Image: Fusion022_zpsc5e264a7.jpg]
[Image: Fusion021_zps3dfd4ce2.jpg]
[Image: Fusion4_zps5a5cd928.jpg]

The strap is to hold the battery down.
[signature]
I was referring to your aluminum transponder mount in your fourth pic. Very slick.
[signature]
Duh! Sorry, yes it swivels. I too was using PVC but felt like it was wiggling specially on this boat. I also use this mount on my Assault so that is why it is so long. I use the next hole up on the Assault. Then on my X5 I have a little bigger square tubing mounted to my deck, and I slide this in to that.
My original mobile mount is a flexible cutting board that I cut slits and threaded the 2" wide nylon strapping through. I can adjust length at the quick clips on the end.
I burnt a hole in the strapping and used a 2" Carriage Bolt. The round end towards to boat, but I also put Velcro over the bolt head so it will not wear on the boat.
2" washers and a wing nut on the out side so I can tighten and loosen by hand.
I cut the cutting board down for this boat, but not sold on the location yet.
[signature]
Waiting with baited.......breath.[laugh]

Had a chance to get on the water yet?
[signature]
No. We were going to last weekend but the wind! I am waiting for the special glue so I can get my rod holder on. The bags are made for the round pontoons so they tilt outwards on this boat and I don't trust them to hold my rods. Also ordered some white D rings from NRS for the back so I can mount a trunk I have. I will be able to sit higher or use it to brace me while I get use to standing.
[signature]
Sounds good.

How many air chambers does the Fusion have?
[signature]
Just one like an SUP. Thick material though. You coming to the IF fly tying expo? Dave will be there.
[signature]
I think so. Hope to anyway. Barring sudden departures.

Farmers have started burning stuff, and I have already been on two impromptu overnighters. Some nice fish were caught though. [laugh] Just no pictures, so I guess it didn't happen [Wink]. I can't seem to remember my camera this year. Either I leave it at home, or I leave it in the truck when I hike in. Need to get my priorities straightened out! [:p]
[signature]
That is so simple and smart. I hope you don't mind if I try to steal that idea.
[signature]
I had to change my sonar mount. The oar end was clipping the scream. So, i went with a glue on approach and moved it next to the left side bag. Got the base for the sonar and rod holder glued on tonight. I will post soon.
[signature]
I got the glue yesterday so I got gluing. I had two Scotty glue on mounts. One I put in the back for my rod tree. I am happy now, I can haul more than one rod with no worries
[Image: IMG_1473_zps344cea6b.jpg]

Now for the Sonar. I glued a Scotty mount, then cut a block of wood. I attached the RAM ball mount and I can now move it out of the way of rowing.
[Image: IMG_1474_zpsacdccd6c.jpg]

The Transducer is fine where it is so I used another strap I have to make it custom fit.
[Image: IMG_1475_zps4a1c7da5.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1482_zps9fe7a3a8.jpg]
[signature]
New Aluminum Sonar holder
[Image: IMG_1495_zpsc34b8af6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1496_zps5ea532cc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1497_zps550d9e2f.jpg]
[signature]