Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no recent posts
I am originally from MN and am a contributor to the site on the Utah forum. I travel back to MN at least once a year to fish with the family and have not seen any recent reports. Ice off should be coming soon for you all but I know you had a hard freeze this year. How does the opener look, I know it is about a month away, will there be any open water for it? I might travel out there around the bass opener any get my fix for the year. Bass fishing is okay out here in Utah but not like it is in MN.
Good luck to all the anglers this year and lets hear some reports.
[signature]
Disappointed no one replied. Oh well I am back in Mn to tackle some big bass. Will post what's hot when I am done ripping lips.
[signature]
As promised here is my report.
Numbers of fish were good each day but the size was down from last year when I was out there.

Top water was good in the morning till about 0900 nothing over 2.5# but active.

Weed lines produced the bigger fish in 8-15ft green pumpkin and watermelon jigs and plastics.

Did manage about a dozen plus fish over the 3# mark and one over 4.

Last year was a great year with numerous fish over 4# just couldn't pinpoint them this year. if I was to put an average on the size we caught would be about 2.25#. Such a great fishery, can't wait till next year already.
Good luck and tight lines.
[signature]
Hey Chad, very disappointing when you see the high number of views on your post but not one single one of those people can reply to you. I guess that is a sign of what things are coming to, when people want to take, take, take but not give anything back by at least acknowledging your great post and pics.
Thanks for posting on your old state board last year. Do you ever catch Pike while casting for bass there? Did you make it out there again this year? Haven't heard much from you this year.
[signature]