Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasatch Elk Tag
Looks like the little lady drew a LE muzzle loader elk tag for the Wasatch, one of us also drew a general archery buck tag. I was really hoping she would draw a moose tag as she is getting up there in points. Looks like it is going to be a fun season coming up with her drawing the muzzle loader LE tag and my white tail hunt in Sask. Canada in Nov.
[signature]
Way cool Pete. Me, lol. Not a DAMN thing, Zero! Guess will see what antler less and maybe a spike elk tag. I can't even draw northern Utah deer. If it wasn't for bad luck I would have none at all.
[signature]
So far, i am right there with ya. But my only hope is i havent recieved an unsuccessful email yet! So theres a chance. Archery elk for me and maybe a cow tag out where we run cows.

Congrats on the wasatch bull tag Packfan!
[signature]
You can actually check online already to see if you drew at [url "https://www.utah-hunt.com/UT_Returncard/(S(2rbz10jt44ja0545uy0z2x55))/Default.aspx"]https://www.utah-hunt.com/UT_Returncard/(S(2rbz10jt44ja0545uy0z2x55))/Default.aspx[/url]

Good luck. I couldn't even draw a general deer tag this year.
[signature]
The little gal was pretty happy when I told her we will be spending our 47th anniversary hunting for an elk for her. We spent our 42nd bow hunting elk in WY. That was a great trip smack dab in the middle of the rut.
[signature]
best be honing your bugling skills too!
[signature]
I think I've got that down, I've hunted them in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, & Utah. I haven't made it over to Colorado yet but have had several invites. I spent a few years playing with the elk when I use to guide on DL&L. If your around them enough you can not believe all the different sounds they make, especially the old bulls. I think I'm more excited than the wife is.
[signature]
Congrats, drew a North Slope rifle buck tag and that was it.
[signature]
My son drew a youth bull tag, and I drew a CWMU deer tag. One of my buddies kids also drew the youth bull. Both my kids drew general rifle deer tags. Sounds like we should have a busy fall.
Now the challenge is figuring out where to take my son and my buddies son for their elk hunt.

Anyone know of any better places to hunt closer to Ogden than the North Slope? I am not going to have the kids hold out for a huge bull. Neither boy has ever shot a bull, so it will be interesting to see how excited they get when we find something with antlers!!!
[signature]
Wow, congrats on all the tags should really be a fun year especially with the young'uns. I've had friends that use to bow hunt North of highway 35 that runs from Jordanelle to Tabby that use to see a fair amount of bulls, might be a bit easier with a rifle. In the 38 years I've been here I've never hunted or fished the Uintas so can't give you much info on the area. You still slinging arrows at the club? I haven't used the range for a few years, alot of new faces I'm sure. Good luck this fall. Where's your CWMU deer hunt at?
[signature]
I have not been shooting at the club to much over the last couple of years. I have been a bit dissapointed in our archery seasons in Utah, and have not bowhuted for about 3 years. I currently have the muzzleloader bug.
My CWMU tag is on Broadmouth. I am trying to figure out if I can get close enough to use the muzzleloader on that hunt. It's pretty open country with wide canyons, so I don't know if it will work.

Do you know anything about the hills above Causey? Think they would be worth a shot for that September youth bull hunt? I usually only get up in that area during ice fishing season, so I don't know much aboutthat area.

I have been looking at some areas off hwy 35 where you are talking about. We spike hunt close to that area, and it's full of elk. Just don't know what the pressure or animal herds are like on that side of the road.
[signature]
I've only ever seen the hills above Causey when I use to guide for DL&L and then it was looking down from the top. The elk travel back and forth across the border especailly during the rut prior to the general rifle season. The country is rough at the head end of Causey, not sure if you have horses or not. There have been some nice bulls taken off Lightning Ridge through the years, that might be a place to check out.
[signature]
Congrats on the tags that Wasatch Muzzy is a Awesome one to have my brother drew that one this year also. my family has drawn several times over the years got some real nice bulls up there.
[signature]