Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new mod so I had to go try it.
I made up a couple sets of oar tethers for my pontoons. Going through the rapids up stream is kind of risky. I have seen my buddy lose a camera, a set of flippers, and I lost a rod holder. I fell in once this year because of the water level is so low and the rocks were slick from frost. I have had my oars try to pop out while pulling the boat so I decided to make up some tethers.

[Image: Oarteathers_zpsd2ee7ea6.jpg]

Today I went sturgeon fishing and caught 7 fish before noon. I was out of the hole and in the truck by 11:00 am. That was a good day fishing. And the tethers worked great. Here is a very short video of sturgeon jumping. Ron

http://youtu.be/sImw1-BNxW8
[signature]
I like the tethers, look very functional.
[signature]
Very Smart! Maybe pack an extra oar?
[signature]
An extra would not be a bad idea. Most of the places I go I think I would be ok. For the swan falls float there is white water there big enough I would not want to tackle it with fins.
[signature]
I am really liking this mod. What size ring?
[signature]
I got the rings 20 years ago when I was making Goat Saddles they were for the cinch.
The rings are 3" outside diameter. The thread I sewed that with is Kevlar. The only way I could lose the oar is if it flipped out and then was pinned against something hard enough to break the buckle. Ron
[signature]
I assume you have those Oar Rights or the Donut Oar stop, right?
[signature]
Yes Oar rights.
[signature]