Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration numbers
I just registered my pontoon and my understanding is I have to put a boat registration # on each pontoon? How do I put the numbers on? Stickers? Paint? Any suggestions?
[signature]
A board, piece of plastic... I used a piece of vinyl siding. Think maybe 24" to 30" each side to cover the2 state letters,4 numbers, and 2 letters plus month and state sticker.
I used the stick on 3" letters and numbers which can get a bit spendy. You could paint them. Hooking them to the side of boat has numerous options.
[signature]
Thank you! So it doesn't have to be permanent?
[signature]
Yes it has to be permanent in that it has to be on something that will last everytime you use the boat, but it doesn't have to be permanent on the boat.
By having it on a so called License Plate, you can sell the boat in the future, or if you for some reason need to replace a pontoon.
However, they are assigned to one boat.
[signature]
Thanks for the clarification you saved me from uglying up my boat
[signature]
Quote:Thanks for the clarification you saved me from uglying up my boat

Hey, who said painting on the hull number had to be ugly?
[signature]
How about, too permanent[Smile] What if you had to move to another state[laugh] What if you got an unrepairable rip[cool]
[signature]
That does look,great! Mine has fabric on the side and would look silly. I did talk to the Utah DMV and they confirmed that it does not have to be permanently affixed just has to be on the boat.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]How about, too permanent[Smile] What if you had to move to another state[laugh] What if you got an unrepairable rip[cool][/quote]

I guess I'd be forced to buy a new Scadden. [Wink]
[signature]
[laugh][laugh][laugh] or in my case 6 or 7.
[signature]
those are some nice looking toons.

to bad they dont sell them around here.