Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
79 evinrude outboard
I recently made a successful trip to willard bay. My big outboard is 79 115 horse evinrude. It has ran great for 3 seasons. When I went out it would run at full throtte lgreat then it started cutting out when I backed it down a bit. I replaced the plugs and checked the fuel filter. Still same problem. I think the carb or carbs need to be cleaned out. Is this something one can do by themselves. If not who in the north ogden area would you all recommend taking it to.
[signature]
Running fuel injector cleaner through it may open it up. Def sounds like you need to break them down and clean them though.
[signature]
Short of taking your boat in to a marine shop for an expensive repair, try running Seafoam through your gas and see what happens. Start by putting three ounces in the tanks per gallon, very similar to a fuel injector cleaner but it also decarbonises the cylinders. You can buy Seafoam at O'reily, Auto Zone or Napa auto parts. If you are going to take it to a marine shop for a repair Lee's Marina is one of the best in Northern Utah but his shop is in Hyrum.
[signature]