Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can you help these wounded Warriors?
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]On Saturday July 26[size 2]th[/size] Hand in Hand Outdoors is hosting a recreational fishing trip for some of Utahs wounded warriors and their families at Aspen Grove Marina at the Soldier Creek end of Strawberry reservoir.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] These valiant warriors have all suffered greatly from the horrors of war. There will be approximately 26 of them including their families. Since my big boat “Freedoms Dream” cannot accommodate that many I would like to split them up. Half of them coming with me on the boat fishing the lake and the other half going on the river below the dam on the Strawberry River and fly fishing. At noon we will have a Bar B Q at the camp ground and then go back out with the morning fly fishing group on the boat and the other half going on the river to learn to fly fish.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]I am looking for experienced fly fishermen to help with the instruction and assisting them as they fish. We believe that we can find adequate numbers of fly rods, waders and boots for them.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]If you are interested in helping and sharing your skills and love of fishing with these few who have given so much in the name of liberty, would you please contact me? Your lunch will be provided at the Bar B Q. Thank you in advance for helping these valiant warriors. Steve Henline 801 592 7809 [/font][url "mailtoConfusedteve@handinhandoutdoors.org"][font "Calibri"][#0000ff]steve@handinhandoutdoors.org[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Calibri"] [/font][url "http://www.handinhandoutdoors.org/"][font "Calibri"][#0000ff]http://www.handinhandoutdoors.org[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Calibri"] [/font]
I wish I could help this year, but I turned into one of the wounded.[:/]
[signature]
Let me know how I can help. Just sent you an email.
[signature]
Are you still looking for volunteers? Had a change in plans, so could be available. Not sure we are "experts" but we can catch fish on a fly rod. Wife would like to assist a female wounded warrior (or wife or girlfriend that wants to fish). What time to meet marina?
[signature]
Thanks to Steve, Cap'n Ken, and everyone else who made this a great day for all. Spent a delightful morning on Cap'n Ken's new pontoon boat fishing Strawberry Reservoir; enjoyed a terrific lunch at the marina; and then spent the afternoon on the river catching browns.

If you get the chance, jump at the opportunity to support Steve and company by taking a vet fishing on Freedom's Dream.

[inline "Freedom's Dream.jpg"]
[signature]