Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New poll for week of 12/28
What did you get for Christmas?? Did you get anything unusual or normal things? Did you get to add to your fishing tackle supply?? ie: new poles, reels, tackle. Tell us what you got.
[signature]
Hey there tubeN2,

Nothing is too good for me so......... nothing is what I got! Every heard that one?

I got $300 and I will use that to buy hooks, sinkers, and fancy saltwater jig heads during the next year. I have enough of the following.

1) Saltwater outfits
2) Freshwater outfits
3) Flyfishing outfits for both
4) 1 very robust, healthy and happy float tube
5) Fresh standard, fluorocarbon, and braid type lines.
6) Enough jigs to supply the entire Baja panga fleet for a year.
7) All the stupid accessories for flyfishing to put on my vest.
8) Your website messageboard friendship.

JapanRon
[signature]
[blush][size 1]I didn't get anything fishing-related. Don't know what I could use or where I would put it if I did.[/size]

[size 1]I thought maybe Santy was mad at me because he couldn't get down the chimney. I have wire across the top to keep pigeons out.[/size]

[size 1]All I found was a bowl of reindeer "marbles" on the table. Then, I discoverd it was some chocolate covered almonds someone had given to TubeBabe (one of her weaknesses).[/size]

[size 1]While I did not add to my "stash", I put some of it to good use...pouring and painting a bunch of jig heads. Also worked on some new "Glitter Bugs" and "Hammer Jigs" for ice fishing.(No, not for around here...but for a couple of folks in Utah).[/size]

[size 1]Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and when the New Year arrives that you are able to make it your best year ever.[/size]
[signature]
Hey JapanRon I got the same thing as you "nothing", well nothing that had anything to do with fishing. But with the cash I received, I think a new rod and reel are in order.
[signature]
Hey there JohninColorado, welcome back to the boards. we really missed you here but I understand that people can get real busy. It sounds like you had one of the best gifts. It is in giving that we receive. Good job. I gave alot myself and like you said, it makes you feel good inside. I hope you had a merry Christmas.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Well my Santa knows all about a fisherman's wants. I found a Cuda 168EX in my stocking. My Siberian Husky got all kinds of goodies. Hopefully my toy will last me a lot longer.[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2106;]
[signature]
I was Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d boy,

santa did not come to my house

insted, I was visited by unkle Ebinezer oakland county road commision and commerce twp's own grinch Tomas Zoner, towship supervisor. they stole my boat launch and gave it to some rich people.

now I have to walk a mile up the road, then down a steap hill then back a mile through the lake and still cant reach my fishing hole.

I guess ebineser did not see the three ghost nor did the grinches heart grow three times on december 18th.

peta wins another round....
[signature]
this is the first year that santy claus left me smthing other than cole , he must be slipping in his old age and got the naughty and nice lists mixed up .
john wayne dvd's and an old fishin pic of dad , brother and i .
oh yea , got a toy deer that "deposits" brown jellybeans too .
[signature]
Sounds like a real nice Christmas. You must have been a good boy on accident at one time. I think I went though the same phase as you did but I have a hard time recalling when was it that I was so nice to someone to deserve the stuff that I got. hee hee.
[signature]
I got a digital fish weight finder to add to my tackle box, and got a sony mini/dv/trv33 camcorder to add to my boat, now should be able to film many catches in the Rogue River this year.
[signature]