Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle W
Hit it today. Got skunked. Used san juan worms, simulators, etc with no results. Noted that the access along river bend is now private with no trespassing signs on the angler's access ladders![mad]
[signature]
Where are the signs? The land owners must have got serious about people leaving their trash all over!
[signature]
Oh it is more than well marked. Every access ladder has one as well as tons along the fences.

This ladder is where I found my sign.
[Image: IMG_9896_zps22a12619.jpg]

Here is my favorite pic of the area when I found it last year. R.I.P.
[Image: IMG_9928_zpsc242e5fd.jpg]
[signature]
At the end of the dirt road? Thats been closed for a while as far as i know. A friend claimed to talk to a person putting up signs or some connections with the owner and said it was for insurance reasons.. Lame
[signature]
Don't they have some kind of contract with the State in which they agree to allow access?
[signature]
Next thing you will notice that all rivers access in utah will be closed for good [Sad]
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]Don't they have some kind of contract with the State in which they agree to allow access?[/quote]

You would think. The whole thing is so ironic. I am sure there could be some trash involved, but hasn't there also been some hellacious winds too.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess][quote RockyRaab]Don't they have some kind of contract with the State in which they agree to allow access?[/quote]
You would think. The whole thing is so ironic. I am sure there could be some trash involved, but hasn't there also been some hellacious winds too.[/quote]

Well when I was there last year I didn't see any trash along the river or on the property but the smoking gun here is in the 1st pic (parking lot) where there is some garbage in the background next to the fence. I will never understand how someone can pack it in, but not back out?
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Next thing you will notice that all rivers access in utah will be closed for good [Sad][/quote]

A wise old man ridding a mule in American Fork once told me "1st it starts with no motors, then no horses, then no mtn. bikes, and sooner or later they'll ban everyone from the mountain." In time this became more than a valid observation.

Hopefully we only get more access on these rivers but honestly I can't see it happening in my lifetime.
[signature]