Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another DC beating....
Yes, I am a glutton for punishment.
I just got back from DC on a walleye search.
First line in the water about 5:20 am. Fished the railroad track cliffs, the highway cliffs, the island flats, the inflow channel, and Wallsburg. Quit fishing at 2pm.
BB'd, jig and worm, cranks, worm and slip bobber,spoons, wooly buggers, and I can't remember anything else. No walleye.
Time to give DC a rest.
My hat is off to you guys who get them out of DC.
[signature]
Maybe a different time of year could produce better results for you.
[signature]
Deer Creek is one of the most temperamental lakes I know of so don't feel too bad. It's close to home so I keep going back.....
[signature]
Great shift.. I like ot the.other way 5 pm -2 pm.. that way I start out with some perch jigging and then walleye as soon as the sun goes down behind the hill
[signature]

I know just how you feel about DC. I fished it very hard a long time ago for over 12 straight years, took a lot of notes and fished it every week from April to July and we got skunked a bunch. but we did learn a bunch in them years. the walleye should be moving towards deep water right now. we would catch them on the RR side off a few of the points. anchor on one side of the point and let out a lot of rope, and drift to the other side of the point and stop and cast jigs towards the bank. on the road side fish the first point from the island resort ramp and the end of that bank before rainbow bay. look at a map and see where the river flows...
[signature]
I went up to the Uintas yesterday to rebuild my confidence that I could still catch fish. I caught goldens and brookies in Echo. Then went to Trial and caught tigers and bows. I had a grayling on but lost him just before grabbing him so I cant count him. I hit a ditch on the way home that holds browns but couldnt get one to take.

Thanks all for the DC confidence boost.
I have an elk tag next week, a muzzy deer the week after, then the goose opener.
I will be ready to assault DC walleye after that!
[signature]