Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Bass Anglers in ND?
Hey there! I was wondering if there's any bass anglers other than me in north dakota? It'd be cool if we could talk strategy and give some tips on where to fish in the lakes and dams.

Thanks![Smile]
[signature]
I'm not in ND but enjoy good advice about catching Bass around the country. Always looking for new ideas to try. I also wanted to Welcome you to the Great and Growing BFT Message boards. Enjoy your visit and come back often.
[signature]
Thanks ssor for the welcome!

The best thing about being a bass fisherman in North Dakota is that only a handful of anglers fish for bass. The other 99.9% are all after walleyes!! So it's really alot of fun fishing for bass in North Dakota. We have all these small little lakes and dams that barely anyone fishes (You better know I fish em) that have giant Largemouth and smallmouth bass in them. This last year I caught countless bass over the 3lb mark. I use anything from a spinnerbait to a senko. And you can bet that the bass havent seen very many of them. I had a 25 largmouth/smallmouth day in August. Because when the bass bite...they bite!
[signature]
Hey there BassmasterND, I am not from ND but I am a bass fisherman myself here in So Cali. I would just like to give you a big BFT welcome and I look forward to reading some of your fishing reports and anything else that you have to contribute to this site.
[signature]
Hey tubeN2, Thanks for the welcome. I've found that this site has alot to offer and there is ALWAYS chatter! Thats one of this sites its best features is people are always talking and they are so friendly! I'll try and keep the reports coming. I dont ice fish so much (though I would like to) so there will be alot more fishing reports in the summer, of my trips and friend's trips.

So tell me, whats it like for a bass angler in CA?? I've heard/read that lots and lots of big bass come out of that state. Man, that would be somthing if you got ahold of one of those 10+ pounders[Smile]!
[signature]
[Smile] Welcome to the BFT life !! Was wondering if you ever fish Nelson lake before ? I fished it once on the way back from the big lake , but didn't have to much success. Talk to ya later !!!

[signature]
Yeah I fish Nelson all the time. This summer I went a couple of times and did well on the largemouth. I go to Nelson more in the winter to satisfy my need of fishing open water because everything else is frozen!! So far this winter I have done good on the bass. Theres been guys out there that have been catching them on minnows. I'm not big on using just live bait to catch largemouths though. So this winter I've been catching them on spinners, suspending jerkbaits, jigs and a couple on a spinnerbait.
As a matter of fact I'm going to Nelson tommorow at about 1. I will post how I do.
[signature]
[cool] Good luck and bring a camera !!

[signature]
Hey Bassmaster, The bass fishing is very good here in Cali. While everyone is still wanting to get those 10-12 pounders, most of us here are concentrating on the 20+ pounders. They are a heck of a fight and just right for 12lb line.

The season has slowed a little as the water temps have dipped from 44-50 degrees. But the warm weather is coming back real quick. It was 84 degrees today which should start to help the water a bit an promote an early spawning season.

As soon as it getts just a little warmer her, I will start to post some of the bigger LMB. It is common to get 12,14 and 16lb bass throughout a couple of hr period. Wait a little longer after the boats have gone in and that is when the 18lb and larger come out to play.
[signature]
Well When I woke up this morning the wind was screaming. It turned out to be too cold to fish [mad] with the wind blowing 20 mph and gusting to 30. I would have gone if it wasnt for the wind!!
Well Theres always next weekend[Smile]!
[signature]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2624;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2625;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2627;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2628;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2629;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2630;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2631;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2703;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2724;][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2725;]