Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaching this at Marriot School of Management?
I wonder Marriott School of Management will be teaching this soon?http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/03/travel/marriott-fcc-wi-fi-fine/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Block wifi illegally and charge a $1000 a pop to have them use yours now that you got them in a bind! Got to love the business ethics that have ties to Utah. Still not as bad as the DABC subcontracts and their pay to play for a liquor licence racket. Maybe the MBA program in Utah Co should teach their students what they can get away with in Utah and use this as an example what happens when you're no longer protected out of state.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]As bad as you think the business climate is in Utah, CNBC lists Utah as the 3rd best place in which to do business. Did you ever consider you may have missed something here? No disrespect intended here - I'm just saying your metrics may be a little lacking. [cool][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Corruption and illegal practices are only part of the equation on business environment. Utah ranks high in business environment despite being ranked fairly poorly for the amount of corruption. This blatant violation of the law took place outside of Utah. It's just that Marriot has strong ties to Utah, it's culture of corruption and happens to be a benefactor of a Business School here. Their excuse is like Ted Nugent saying he did the poached deer a favor by shooting it so the law doesn't apply to him. I can put you in touch with some restaurant and bar owners that can explain the shakedown DABC officials put them through if they wanted their liquor licence to have consideration. An attorney neighbor told me about 15 years to tape all conversations with the State of Utah and quasiState officials (like UTA and SITLA) when an attorney I was dealing with was threatening to act against my interest in violation of State law. That advise helped me then and again 1-2 years ago with a totally unrelated matter directly with a unprofessional state agency. This stuff is widespread and it's not just the Jeremy Johnson's of the world that should be routinely taping all such conversations.
[signature]
[Image: MarkTwain_zps25b2aed6.png]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I'd tell you this is the tip of the iceberg......two former Utah attorneys general were arrested on an array of bribery charges Tuesday stemming from cozy relationships with several businessmen, a stunning fall for a pair of politicians who built immense political clout in their years at the highest level of state law enforcement. John Swallow, 51, and Mark Shurtleff, 56, were arrested at their homes Tuesday morning, Salt Lake … reported from the AP
except the corruption goes much higher up the chain of command as well as below.
What facts do you have a problem with? Or have you just got used to the pervasive stink of Utah? http://www.stateintegrity.org/utah- we don't even need to get into why ranking 36th worst in corruption doesn't take into account Utah's unique lack of accountability.
[signature]