Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toon get together!
Woke up with a sore throat and definite onset of a cold, but BAXTER wanted to go fish.
[Image: IMG_2089_zps36fcb4bf.jpg]
Mojorizing, Myself and Baxter hit the water at about 9 am
water temp in the lower 50's.
[Image: DSCN0660_zps66cb7a25.jpg]
About a half hour later, Guitarfisher showed up. We fished the same area and with two rods and both were keeping us very busy! I had to keep giving Baxter treats so he would not bark every time I hooked a fish.
Catching was good, but lost a lot which I don't get because they hit so hard and you have them on for a fair time[:p]
[Image: IMG_2083_zpsbe0e7d2b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2068_zps16a1a21d.jpg]
Nice mix of both.
11:00 the wind started, and we toughed it out catching more, but white caps started to form so I headed in. In doing so, there was two pontoons coming in. One pulling the other. Turns out it was MBM1969 and daughter. What a GREAT dad! She got to go catch fish in the morning then sit in the truck and finish her homework while the wind blew. I wished I had a dad that cool.
Beautiful day and good fishing and people, it don't get better than this.
[Image: IMG_2078_zpsa297c323.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2084_zps6fd45931.jpg]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice. Baxter looks kinda surly but I'll bet you're glad you gave in.

Those fish look healthy.

Hope you recover from your cold. Fall colds are nasty...especially when they keep you from prime fishing time.

Gonna hit DC in the morning. Should be some surface action up there soon.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hummm, where and when? No work or therapy[Smile]
[signature]
[#0000FF]HighNDry and I are meeting up at the Island about 6:30. You would be welcome to join us. I'll even bring along some smokitty.

PM me if you can/wanna make it. I'll be signing off shortly but will check back in the morning.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks, and thinking about it...but still have this cold. Have to see how I feel in the morning.
[signature]
It was good to meet you and your husband Joni. My daughter Kylee got a big kick seeing Baxter on your boat. She wants us to take our little Shi-Poo pup with us next time we go fishing. Mom was not a big fan of that idea though!

I went back out and fought the wind for about an hour while Kylee finished up her Homework in the truck. Thanks Joni for the tip [Wink] I ended picking up a few more fish.

Mark
[signature]
Beautiful FAT fish! What a great report. Thanks for sharing it.
[signature]
Looks like a great day! Fat Bows'!!
[signature]