Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&G releasing steelhead in the Boise River today
So, the fish and game website says that they are releasing around 300 steelhead in the Boise river today. Anyone who wants some shoulder to shoulder fishing should head on over. My keys seem to be in my wife's car, so looks like I'm stuck here for a bit.

Enjoy!
[signature]
My first post may have been too vague before...
[signature]
I had a lot of fun and met some very nice people, and caught a ton of fish. Of course, all but one of them were 10 inch trout. I only saw one other fish hooked, and it broke off. I got there just as Fish and Game was unloading them, and they told me they were almost all B runs, averaging 8 lbs. then they got mad at the guys that were fishing, even a couple hundred yards upstream. They said they'd ticket anyone who caught one before they left. No worries, the fish weren't hitting at all. Very frustrating when they're porposing all around you but not hitting. I finally got this one on a jig and bobber/shrimp. Wasn't all that shoulder to shoulder. Maybe 15 guys on 200-300 yards of river.

29 incher here.

[Image: imagejpg2-2.jpg]
[signature]
Excellent catch and good to know there are still plenty in there.

The first year I went to check it, a whole 2 years ago, out by the college there were probably 8-12 guys on each side of the river and a couple of fly fishermen on the ends or in the water. Each one could probably reach out and touch the guy next to him.

About what time was the truck there? I'd like to get some video and pics some time of the fish dumping in.
[signature]
I was at Barber Park, and they got there about 2-2:15 I guess? I think it was the last spot they planted. I imagine they'd be later if the roads get bad or something- but that seems about the same time they've gotten there in the past on the average. Sometimes they get off the truck mad at the world and snapping at everything. Other times like today they have lockjaw. I don't think too many people got the heads up this time around or there would have been more guys out there- it's the least people I've seen at a planting like this.
[signature]