Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How uncomfortable might I be?...
My toon has the old fabric seat, I have read that these get uncomfortable after a long day, should I upgrade to a padded plastic one or just tough it out for now and maybe just upgrade the whole toon if I get serious?
[signature]
I always say try it first. Most those cloth seat models are not designed for the molded plastic without some modification. See how hard that might be. Wally World carries them. Be sure the molded seat is padded however. Some are not and I found them uncomfortable. You are looking at around $40 or more though.
[signature]
Ya, figure I'll give it a shot, and just upgrade the whole thing at a later date [Wink] knowing me it maybe after the first trip [laugh]
[signature]
I use a folded Thermarest inflatable sleeping pad on mine. It fits in a "chair kit." Googling "Thermarest chair kit returned one here for $26, and a host of others. I've used this in all my 'toons over the years, and wouldn't leave home without it. I even use it over the inflatable seat in my current Scadden. [url "http://www.backcountry.com/therm-a-rest-trekker-chair?CMP_SKU=CAS0733&MER=0406&skid=CAS0733-RU-S20IN&CMP_ID=PLA_GOc001&mv_pc=r101&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&mr:trackingCode=1CDDA86B-1352-E111-88BF-001B21A69EB8&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=50060998717&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=96538107397&mkwid=sL3WOAPvY_dc|pcrid|50060998717"]http://www.backcountry.com/therm-a-rest-trekker-chair?CMP_SKU=CAS0733&MER=0406&skid=CAS0733-RU-S20IN&CMP_ID=PLA_GOc001&mv_pc=r101&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&mr:trackingCode=1CDDA86B-1352-E111-88BF-001B21A69EB8&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=50060998717&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=96538107397&mkwid=sL3WOAPvY_dc|pcrid|50060998717[/url]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Not all butts are created equal. Lots of differences in shape, "cushioning" and endurance capabilities. And it is not possible to make blanket statements about one type being better...for all people.

As has been suggested, give what you have a try. If you can't get comfy...or discomfort sets in after only a short time on the water...you need to explore some other options.

Depending on your frame design and your handyman abilities you might be able to fab a platform for a swivel boat seat.

Over the years I have experimented with a whole bunch of different seat designs...both for my own craft and those of others. Sometimes it only takes a minor tweak or two to solve comfort problems. In other cases you gotta jack up the old craft and put a new one under it.

If you want to bring your ride over to my tubeatorium I'd be happy to look at it and offer my suggestions.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Pat, will let you know how the comfort factor is and may take you up on that this spring!
[signature]