Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flasher on a float tube
Hey guys, I am waiting for cold weather and ice season, but considering that seems like it may be a while in Nebraska, I think I am going to break the float tube back out again. I bought a Humminbird Ice 35 flasher for ice fishing that I want to try to use on my float tube for vertical jigging. Has anyone else done this? Anyone have any tips or suggestions? I am mostly concerned with mounting.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Flashers will work on float tubes, but not as well as an LCD display...with history. Also, they do not show the bottom contours and composition as well as a sonar designed for boats and tubes.

I rigged my Showdown for use on my tube. Used a short length of 1/2" PVC to serve as an arm to extend the transducer out away from the tube a ways...with some foam noodle to float it. Was able to fish perch on the bottom in 30 feet fairly well...being able to watch my jigs, etc. It worked fine while holding absolutely still, but as soon as you move or get over slanting bottom conditions the readout goes wacko.

If you are moving around and looking for bottom structure or fish you will do much better with a good sonar. The flasher units work only while you are on a dead stop.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]