Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 fish pics
Just some random pics from this years fishing trips
[signature]
sweet [fishin]
[signature]
Nice, is that a river walleye and if so, was it caught during the spawn?
[signature]
No , didn't catch them during the spawn .
Most of my fishing is catch and release , I'm the only fish eater in the family . I mostly eat Trout and bullhead catfish , the rest of the fish are just fun to catch .
We have walleye in our streams up here , even the small ones you can jump across . People just don't realize what you can catch if you fish long and hard enough to discover what's in them .My Mrs. has caught a few master angler sized walleyes , bluegills and northern pike , I have caught a couple myself , but we both let them go for someone else to have a great time catching them.
[signature]
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone catching them during the spawn, as long as they are not snagging them but you are right very few eyes in our streams around here unless they are spawning. That seems like a lot of very nice fish for stream fishing. We see brown trout getting that size around here in our local streams but rarely and other game fish that size. Utah does not have a Master angler program but I went to Nebraska some years back and caught a Master angler fish there, if I remember correctly it had to be 25 inches or larger to get Master angler status, is that the same size they use there? Wow, your a lucky guy, to have a wife that goes fishing and it sounds like she pretty good at it too. What were you using to catch that eye?
[signature]
Ours for Walleye is 30+ inches.
This is a Master Angler entry qualifier i caught last weekend , freshwater Drum AKA, Sheephead .
Let it go because I'm not keeping the fish, I wasn't going to kill it for a patch . It's the 3rd. fish in that area this year that qualifies for a patch.
Here's the story on the pic.
Those two guys in the pic came up to give me a hand remodeling my bathroom on their vacation , free of charge .
I gave the one guy my prized custom made Jim Grandt steelhead rod to thank him.
The other Guy has to use a scooter, years of cement work destroyed his lungs.
This is one of the few areas we could go steelhead fishing where he could go .Salmon are in the rivers on the west side of the state but no handicapped access areas for him to fish at the spots where we regularly fish .
We weren't going to leave a pal out of the action .
The kid , he's beginning his outdoor enthusiasm , teaching him that a patch isn't worth a fishes life if he's not going to eat it is something he will remember hopefully .
[signature]
Wow, a 30" eye is a fish few folks catch in a lifetime, sounds like you truly deserve that Master Angler title. I take it that Drum are not very good to eat? Sounds like a nice sized fish, did it put up a good fight?
[signature]
Freshwater Drum is pretty good , it's also known as imitation (or poor man's ) crab meat . Yes , it put up quite the fight . I did think I had a steelhead on during the entire fight Smile
[signature]
I have caught drum in alabama and I remember it fighting pretty good but it has been years ago. I thought at the time it was some kind of carp, I guess I should have kept it and tried it. If I get back there and catch another one, I guess it would be worth a try. How do you cook them?
[signature]