Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocean City Vacation
Is there a part of the Island that is nicer than other parts. I don't need to be on the Boardwalk. Is there a difference from staying in the 50-60 streets or 124th. How long, in season would it take to drive from 124th to the boardwalk? Surf fishing good everywhere...sunrise, sunset or other time? Better chance of catching in the bay?<br><br>Tight lines at sea, screamin kids at home!
I have a place on 60th street and it is a good central area. The difference between 50-60 and 127th is 127th has a lot of high rise condo's and 50-60 are smaller units with some medium units too. I wouldn't recommend staying at the Boardwalk/Inlet area as this area is high traffic and a lot of noise. I don't really know how long it would take to drive to the board walk, it depends on traffic. I usually go in the fall when it is less crowded. If you are planning on fishing the surf, your best bets would be sunrise or sunset especially if the high tide is at the same time. O.C. surf fishing is best in the fall. During the summer there are to many swimmers and you wont be able to fish the beach. I would recommend fishing the route 50 bridge in the evening or second the O.C. or Indian River inlets. The back bay is also good for flounder, but you will need a boat (which you can rent) or you could go on a head boat. I hope this helps.<br><br>Your Friend In Fishing
JUST WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!<br><br>Tight lines at sea, screamin kids at home!
You didn't say what time of year you were going to OC. Where to fish and what to fish for will vary. Keep in mind that Maryland will close the flounder season July 26 through Aug 11. When you get there I highly recommend stopping in to Oyster Bay Tackle at on the main drag at 116th st. They are honest folks and will be able to tell you where the fishing has been good and what to use. They cater to the vacationing angler. They have a website http://www.oysterbaytackle.com<br> The route 50 bridge can be very good for rockfish and sea trout at night on a moving tide. Shanty town pier and oceanic pier can be good also at night on a tide. These are both pay piers so check reports first so you don't waste your money. As far as surf fishing I would recommend going to Assateague island. Go past the state park and go to the federal park portion. The shoreline is more natural. (not reclaimed beach like OC) and you can fish all day. It does get crowded on the weekends but if you go early in the morning you should be ok.<br><br>
fishdude40,<br> Thanks for the dietailed post and a GREAT BIG welcome to the BFT board.<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
Thanks. I'll be there the last week of August, staying in the 125th street area. Thanks for the tackle shop name.<br><br>Tight lines at sea, screamin kids at home!